Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's finally finished...

Yes, the infamous EZ ASJ is finally done! No words can describe the thrill I got as I was sewing the last few stitches on the last arm seam. It's been in the works since, let's see, I think October 1st. So a few months and about 6 skeins of Cascade 220 later in assorted colors I give you "My Office Sweater".

It's toasty-warm and very comfy. In calculating the size I made a small error. EZ suggests that you measure your favorite sweater to get the measurement you want...I measured my favorite pullover sweater instead of my favorite cardigan sweater, gah! Therefore, no room to overlap for the buttons...no problemo...I purchased a beautiful button at my favorite LYS, City Knitting and I'll just put one button at the top and let it hang open.

If, someday, I make another one of these I'll use the lessons I learned making this one. I will use self-striping yarn, measure allowing for the overlap and be sure to pick up the stitches on the front in a way that one side doesn't look like the in-side of the sweater at the color transition. Lorilee, at City Knitting told me yesterday that I could have picked up the stitches on the one side pearl-wise and that would have solved that design issue. Ah, well...it's done and now I can enjoy it's warmth and style. Thanks for hangin in with me on the long journey.

One more shot, from a different angle, ignore the ugly seam, it needs some work. There's just no good way to seam garter stitch.


And how do you like my new "do"? It felt so good to get my hairs cut the other day. I've been holding out trying to get it all long enough to be the one length for the next cutting. When Carol at Design 1 my most favorite stylist of all time cut it on Friday I think we have finally achieved single-length heaven! Now if I can live through my bangs growing out I'll have it made. LOL

Looky what the mail carrier delivered to Chez B yesterday! Yep, that's my 1st ever contest prize "Kill Bill" from Scout J. She was seeking donations for a friends vet clinic and had a little contest in connection and I won! I like helping out the little animals. Thanks Scout! The yarn is fabulous and I can't wait to start a pair of socks with this amazing yarn. Here it is still in the skein...I'll be winding it up this afternoon after I get my granola cooked up.

The picture doesn't do it justice. The photos on her website are much better. A winter day in Michigan isn't great for taking photos and I'm still not too good with the new camera. Rena did a pretty good job of taking the ASJ photos though, don't you think?

I got a meme from Alana over at Strings and Purls...I'll have to do that sometime soon. Thanks Alana, for visiting my blog and saying hey!

I see that about a bazillion people have stopped by Cass' blog and entered her contest. Go girl! I knew her when...hahaha! I hear she's busy workin on some kinda list, hehehe. I guess we all got 'em, some are longer than others, but we all have to face stuff we don't want to do once in awhile. Like clean the bathroom my least favorite activity or Swiffing the dog-hair tumbleweeds.

Well, I better get busy with the granola making. I decided it would be more cost effective to make my own. Since I eat it with yogurt every morning for breakfast it gets a bit expensive buying ready made. I found this yummy sounding recipe and thought I'd give it a try. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

And a big THANK YOU to everyone for their thoughts and prayers in the past weeks. The Saint is almost 100% again and our friend Ronnie is home, holding his own and dealing with Hospice. We really appreciate all the nice comments.

Have a great week and for those for which it applies...git to knittin!

16 comments:

Rachel said...

It's beautiful! Love the colors you chose!

Grace Yaskovic said...

the sweater and the hairdo are fantastic, glad to hear Saint is better, I am moving along too!!

Alaina said...

Wow! What an accomplishment! Great job on the sweater.

(My one and only sweater attempt is not finished...)

I came over from Alana...

I will definitely be back to visit ;)

Happy knitting.

JessaLu said...

Love the sweater -and the new hair! :o))

Congrats on winning Scout's contest!

Christie said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful sweater!

clarabelle said...

Well done, with the ASJ! It looks great on you - lovely colours and a really good fit - and your haircut suits you as well! I use the garter stitch seaming technique shown in Knitty, though I agree it's not totally un-noticeable...

Glad all is well with The Saint - and blimey, all that snow!

Amy said...

That's gorgeous!

Linda said...

That looks great! Don't you just love FOs?

Cass said...

Oh it's just gorgeous! That's one of my favorite versions I've ever seen- the color is perfect and the fit is too. You did SUCH a nice job! And the hair is adorable. You look great! Congrats on finishing such an ambitious project with such wonderful results. Wear it with pride. :)

Nichole said...

Love it - beautiful!
Love the Scout's Swag yarn too!
Btw, I'm working on your Pay It Forward item soon so if any requests, please let me know asap (see today's post)

Purl said...

Great sweater and haircut! There's nothing better than a perfect hairdresser. I'll keep the Saint and Ronnie in my prayers.

I love making my own granola. There's a wonderful recipe in the Andrew Weil/Rosey Daley cookbook. I'll try to find it for you.

Alana - Knit Wit said...

The sweater is fabulous, and looks great on you! Like the hair, too.

Isn't a good stylist just worth her weight in gold? I've had mine forever, maybe 13 years or more, and I can't imagine having to find someone else!

FairyGodKnitter said...

Wonderful, what a great jacket! And nice hair too.
ps- I gave you an award on my blog

Sarah-Hope said...

Beautiful color choices!

canknitian said...

GORGEOUS!

Cathy said...

Love your ASJ! Now you make me wish my to-do list wasn't so long!