Thursday, February 21, 2008

busy as a beaver...

Since Rena hasn't updated her blog in eons I thought I'd post this picture of the loafer she knitted and is going to felt. Isn't it purdy? Purdy HUGE!! ROFL

Phew, it's been hectic...at work and at home. Not sure why but it seems the planets have aligned and we're nuts, just plain nuts around here! The Saint has been busy with meetings and more meetings having to do with his big-deal executive status with a certain union local. It's pretty exciting that the head of the international just endorsed Senator Obama for President! Yay! Oh, sorry, I try not to be political here...sometimes I just can't help it :-)

There's chaos in my office, people are moving, from one floor to another and from one side of a floor to the other side (that last part would apply to me especially). I'm being evicted from my office but I'll be taking over palatial digs just a few yards away. It'll be nice, quiet, maybe even a bit lonely sometimes...heaven! Tomorrow at noon all productive processes will stop in my office and I will sling everything I've collected over the past 10 years into a few boxes (some of them from the post office, shh, don't tell, it's probably some kind of federal offense or something to use those nice big open mail bins for anything but mail ;-). Saturday the movers are supposed to arrive at 9 and move everybody else's desks and stuff. They won't be moving my desk, I'm not taking it with me. So sad, I've become so attached to it over the years. The paint chipped in just the right places and the return that is just the perfect height for my keyboard. Eh, I'll have 4 desks to choose from in the new area, I'll be desk-rich!

I'm too excited to sleep! Perhaps if I finish off that bottle of Little Penguin I can catch a couple of winks, hahaha. Hold on a minute...dang, only about 2 ounces left of that Little Penguin...it'll do, I guess. And walking past the tv I realize I'm missing Ace of Cakes...wah...I love me some Duff and MaryAlice...

I've also been knitting like crazy. Maybe it's the horribly cold weather, or the non-stop snowstorms, or, or, I don't know, just make up any old excuse and that'll do, lol.

I'm about 1/2 done with this new bath mat. Borrrrring, but functional. It's Nana's Bathmat from the Lion Brand website. The lavender one I knit a year ago is making me feel ill every time I look at it. Bought the yarn on sale, I should know better. I've decided to quit fighting with the black and white tile in the bathroom and just embrace it by changing all the accessories in there to white. We'll see how long that lasts.

Here's the new mat in progress...
and a close-up that's bright white Sugar & Cream...it'll have a black double crochet border when finished. I'll show ya when it's done, hopefully in a couple of days. I really dislike knitting on big needles, this is done on 10's, Knit Picks Harmony, big sizes not good for carpal tunnel syndrome...I'll be wearing the "hockey gear" to bed tonight (that's what The Saint calls my splints).

I was working on The Saint's Big A$$ Sweater during my lunch break today and several people walked through the kitchen while I was knitting. Each person stopped, asked what I was working on and after being told, they said a variety of things like...that's an ambitious project, hahaha or that's gonna take a whole lotta yarn, hahaha...it was quite amusing telling The Saint what they said. He didn't think it was very funny...Oh, I crack myself up sometimes.

I want to say hey to everyone who has stopped by lately and commented on my blog. It's always great to hear from you all. Thanks for being a part of this great community of knitters I've fallen into. When I look back over the past year or so I am amazed at who I am now. It's fun and exciting and comforting to know that there are so many people who enjoy sharing their creations and ideas with others.

So here's my shout-out list: Cass, Nichole, Gnat, Cheryl, Rena, Clarabelle, Amy, Grace, Jess, Rachel, Purl, Linda

Everybody have a great weekend. Stay warm and safe.

And please if you have a moment send up a couple of good thoughts for my good friend from work, Marc. He had a heart attack yesterday at the age of 44. We're hoping for a speedy recovery. He'll certainly be missed while he's recovering.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Awwww...thanks to you too!

Purl said...

I feel the same way about you! And I love Little Penguin; I wish I could drop by with my knitting and a bottle.

Can't wait to see your new bathmat. I'm not happy with the one I knit from Mason-Dixon Knits.

And hooray for Obama!

Grace Yaskovic said...

I lvoe visiting your blog, its part of my life now, I think about what you said and I totally agree, meeting all of these folks through our blogs really has made a positive change in the direction of my/our life /lives. As martha would say "Its a good thing" Prayers going out for your friend!!
(and yes I am feeling a bit stronger)

Linda said...

Why thanks!

I love laughing at pre-felted clogs. I actually wrapped 3 pair and gave them as gifts one year. The expressions were priceless!

GeorgeAnne said...

I really am glad I found you - on ravelry and HERE! Your bath mat was EXACTLY what I've been looking for and now, well I cna add ANOTHER project to the "to-do" list. Hope you are enjjoying your new digs in the office.

Nice meeting you!

JessaLu said...

It is - and I'm telling! ;o)

I'm glad to know you, too!