Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's a Sunday for PJs

Scroll down fast if you're looking for the knitting content...unless you want to count my super comfy felted clogs, lol. I learnt how to make them at City Knitting.

It's not even worth getting dressed today so I'm hanging out in my PJs.

Working with this...And planning our vacation with the resulting funds. Hahaha. Our "Uncle Sam" savings account.

I am really tired of winter. After my homeward commute Wednesday took 65 minutes instead of the usual 10 and now today it is "0" with -14 windchill...I'd really rather be here. Instead of looking at the view out my back door...

the dogs don't even want to go outside for more than 2 seconds!

Last weekend I did a bit of sight-seeing in my town. The objet d'art hanging above Fulton Street is this (look at the top 1/3 of the photo) see what looks like a man hanging from a beam? This is the view of him from the top of the parking ramp where I park everyday downtown.
Yep, that would be a bronze likeness of Sigmund Freud hanging out in GR. The art gallery in the building he's hanging on had him installed for the winter. Guess he's been in a few other towns before ours but I don't know if he caused so much alarm elsewhere...lol.

Controversial art...creepy...my supervisor at work even called 911 the day after they hung him up there, we thought someone was trying to hang themselves...go figure! I wonder what will be the next big thing here in GR?

Friday night was the Late Night Yarny Party at City Knitting. There was a big turnout and we all had a great time. I met even a few fellow Ravelers. Hey Christine, Shine, Beth and everyone else who hung out a yakked with us til midnight. I finished the purple Ring of Cable hat

and I'll be getting that in the mail this week to it's new home.

I got the 2 1/2 inches of ribbing done for the front of The Saint's big-a$$ sweater only to realize that I should have been using a size 4 needle instead of a 6! Gah! It's waiting in the bag to be frogged and restarted.

Marialis from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders on the needles and I really like it so far. It's my first real lace work, a nice beginner level piece.

I'm working it with some dark green fingering weight "mystery yarn" I got at Stonehedge Farm last summer. I'm just getting ready to bind off the provisional cast on, that's why the needles on opposite ends. Not sure how I'm going to get a size 10 needle into those size 3 stitches but that's what the directions say I need to use...eek!

And I've been reading this...
it's awesome! I never knew there was so much to know about yarn.

Well I hear The Saint in the kitchen washing the dishes so I'd better get in there and avert any pending disaster, lol. And I have to get the spaghetti squash in the oven or we won't be having any veggie with our dinner.

Have a great week. Git ta knittin!

2 comments:

clarabelle said...

Poor old Sigmund - probably wanted to get out of the snow...

I love your Ring of Cable hat - especially with the needles still attached!

Linda said...

So the yarn book is worth buying? I've been thinking about it.