Saturday, February 16, 2008

Introducing...Neopolitan Monkeys!

Ta-da! Finally FO!








Aren't they lovely? I especially like how the Gypsy Girl Creations striped on the heel.
(edited to change yarn info)
It's been a pretty busy week for me. Crazy things happening at work, sort of like a circus only no clowns...oh, wait, maybe some of the players would qualify as clowns, ROFL. We're having a domino-type moving experience on two of the three floors we occupy in the building. Sales types are moving down 2 floors and programming types are moving up to the floor where the business offices are...this should be interesting...if not downright chaotic. I'll let ya know in a few weeks. I'm moving to more desirable digs in an alcove, all-by-my-self. Ahhh, the atmosphere...you probably had to be a Discovery Channel fan to get the reference, sorry.

Knitting like crazy this week trying to get the Monkeys finished, I got newly motivated when I heard that Cookie A is coming to CK in October to teach some classes. I got myself signed up for the toe-up class and I know it will be loads of fun.

I knit the first lace repeat of the Marialis Scarf from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders. I was feelin pretty proud of myself for whippin out that lace so fast when my little friend Patrick, who's 12, showed up at City Knitting this afternoon. I asked if he could give me some pointers on getting a size 10 needle into the size 4 stitches to bind off the provisional cast on end, and he, not-so-gently, pointed out that I should have done 8 rows of seed stitch after said provisional cast on...gah! I'll be starting that over again this week. I was wondering how I was supposed to cast off the provisional end in that lace pattern, lol. Sometimes I have difficulty reading a sufficient amount of the instructions before beginning...

And here's my very own Ring of Cable hat. I've been wearing it to work every day for a couple of weeks and it's nice and toasty. I like the fit too. Whatchu think?

It was ever so much fun to wear my ASJ to CK today. I'm amazed at how much people like the colors in the sweater. Guess I'm jaded from looking at it so long during the knitting process. Thank you all for helping pick out the colors. You're the best!

I'd like to thank those of you who have been stoppin in or hangin around for about 102 posts here. It's been a true learning experience. I feel I've grown socially and gained loads of knitting skills. I appreciate each one of your comments and words of encouragement.

Everybody have a great week and git ta knittin!

10 comments:

Grace Yaskovic said...

cute story about Patrick The socks are beautiful, I love the hat, I printed the pattern but keep knitting so many other things

Amy said...

Love the Neopolitan! Mmmm, want some ice cream.

Cass said...

Ooooo hat is great! but those socks are AWESOME!! And how cool that you get to take a class from Cookie!! (jealous jealous)

Good luck with the move at work! Privacy means more computer time, right? :)

clarabelle said...

Love the ice cream Monkeys - what a brilliant colourway! And your Ring Cable looks great too. Hope you can get your needles out in your alcove? Or put your feet up for a snooze? That's what workplace alcoves are for, aren't they?!

Rena said...

The socks are amazing perhaps it will motivate me to get my sock mo going. Perhaps there will be a crochet learning intermission??!?!?!? or not becuase that causes hurling of 4 letter words. Happy knitting

Nichole said...

Love the Neo Monkeys!

starryprplehaze said...

I got your hat yesterday! It's gorgeous, and I love it. I wore it on my walk to work today. Could you share the pattern with me? Thank you so much! :D

JessaLu said...

Love them!

Gnat said...

I love the Monkeys!! they are just great. So is the hat!

wildflower38 said...

Monkeys are on my to do list. Yours look great! Was the pattern difficult to memorize? I really your hat too.