Monday, April 7, 2008

Better Late...you know the rest

Phew! It was a busy weekend at Chez B. Knitting, raking, packing...

Packing - The Saint left this morning for his stint with the Obama campaign in Pittsburgh. He'll be gone a couple of weeks, I told him it would be worth it if he brings me back a picture of him and our favorite candidate, lol.

Raking - Spring finally got here and there was much to do outside. With two medium size dogs you know what was waiting for me in the backyard after a long very snowy winter, lol. Well, that's done and the grass is starting to green up a bit. Gives me a new lease on life.

Knitting - with all this new found energy, I started a new project...no, I'm not finished with the 4 other things I'm working on but that's beside the point, isn't it?

This is Nani, she's gonna be a my new companion when the weather is chilly in the evening, or the morning or whenever. I bought this yarn [Sirdar Evita] on eBay a long time ago, forget about it and the other day when I was rooting around in the closet, aha!, guess what I found. It is pretty ugly yarn but I like how it is knitting up. Crazy how that works sometimes. This yarn is not looking anything like the model but I'm doing it on a smaller needle in the larger size stitch count so I'm hoping it's gonna fit when I get it done. I am really only after the shape anyway so we'll see.

Looking at this picture it reminds me of the orange plastic lei I had when I was a very small child, I think it came from a carnival. The Sirdar is actually a bit darker than the picture shows. My camera skills are still not what I would like them to be.

I've been crocheting too, progress is being made on my spring dress...

this is the upper back and the beginning of the front. It's a bit slow going since I can only crochet for short periods of time. gah

I love all these perfect rows of stitches...

I guess the dogs and I will go knit and watch some Food Network, actually they're probably gonna continue to lay around like their doing right now.

After causing me endless headaches trying to create this blog post, Norton just informed me that I have no viruses or spyware so I'll be able to sleep soundly tonight, lol. I wish it didn't decide to run a scan just as I'm trying to get started here. I'll have to get Jared over here to change the schedule on that thing. Or I could try to change it myself...nah, gives me an excuse to see him sometime other than Saturday breakfast.

Everybody have a great week. I'm going to try and get through my Bloglines this week while I'm livin single. I've been lax...I'll try to do better. I know you all miss my comments, hahaha!

5 comments:

Rena said...

Hello, I hope I can have a copy of my Pops and Barack. (they will pobably be on first name basis by the end of the trip :) Keep those dogs in line sounds like they are being mischevious.

Grace Yaskovic said...

you have been very productive and I see lots of creativity in your future. I get up when tom leaves at 5 AM just to get more done while he is gone for the day

clarabelle said...

Packing and raking sound like hard work, but the knitting is looking good! Can't wait to see that dress finished...

wildflower38 said...

Obama's my fav too. He came to Corpus about a month ago. Bill Clinton was here the following day. It was unprecedented events. Bill Clinton was also in my hometown too. He talked for about 20 minutes. Victoria is too small for Obama to have gone to it.

Don't get get into trouble in your few weeks of singledom. wink

Firefly Nights said...

I like the looks of that Nani pattern. If you don't mind, could you tell me what the size range is for the pattern?