Sunday, April 27, 2008

a new knitter

Last night our Grand-daughter, Jasmine, came to spend the night. We went to our favorite restaurant, Little Mexico Cafe and it was very tasty as usual.

Jasmine enjoyed her virgin strawberry Daiquiri and our dinners were fantastic.

Her first request upon returning home from dinner was that I teach her how to knit.

We sat down on the couch, I cast 20 stitches on size 10.5 aluminum needles with some leftover Ironstone and in about 15 minutes she was reciting a little stitching song to herself and knitting her own stitches.
While I worked on my dress she worked on her swatch. This afternoon after a bit of gardening we got back to the knitting. I decided some bamboo needles and kitchen cotton might work out better. I cast 30 stitches on size 7 needles for her and told her whatever it looked like when she looked back just keep knitting. We can figure out what all the holes and floppy loops of yarn are when she comes the next time. She's a natural, I'm looking forward to our next session.


Thanks to all my friends for stopping in to say hello. And I want to know how you peeps get your picture to show up on your comments. Any advice would surely be appreciated cause I don't like being left out, hahaha.

Gotta go, The Saint has fixed Jambalaya for dinner, and he's ringin the bell, mmmmm....

Have a great week! See you in a couple of days, maybe with a finished dress...if I don't run out of yarn, eeek!

ETA:
Oooo, I almost forgot, I got to meet Darius Rucker (of Hootie and the Blowfish fame) this week and hear him sing, like, 10 ft away in a small room with about 15 other people...it was awesome.

He's got a new album coming out of country songs...I'll be buying it. Last time I saw him in concert I was so far away from the stage he looked about an inch and a half tall, lol.

7 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Ahh...nothing like bringing another generation into the fold. :-)

And very cool that you got to meet Darius Rucker. And hear him sing!

Oh, and the little pictures that show up can be added in your Blogger profile section. Hope that helps!

Nichole said...

Very cool.. you are becoming a superstar yourself!!!

Purl said...

How nice to see your beautiful granddaughter knitting.

Grace Yaskovic said...

I remember an episode of friends, where Rachel, Pheobe and Joey can't afford Ross's extravagant birthday plans which included a Hootie and the Blowfish Concert, and they got to go to a backstage party and Monica was sporting a hickey the next day, and said "that would be a Blowfish" Just to cute, love their music I am sure Darius is great all by his lonesome too! Your granddaughter is adorable and so engrossed in her prject

Rena said...

he has very nice teeth. LOL

clarabelle said...

Jasmine looks like she's having fun (and doesn't she look like The Saint!). Well done on converting her, Ally - you'll have to come over here and work on my two daughters...!

Sarah-Hope said...

My niece loves going out for a virgin strawberry daquiri when she comes to visit.