Wednesday, April 23, 2008

he's home with some loot...

So...totally off the knitting topic but this subject has been the focus of my life since April 7...

How do you like my new Obama-wear? [you can click on any of the pictures to big-a-size them]
Please ignore that long pale expanse of arm, it's been a long winter.


After a long two and a half weeks The Saint has returned to Chez B. I am so glad! It's not that I didn't have elevendy-zillion things to keep me busy, I just missed him being here driving me crazy on a daily basis. That's his favorite thing to do, be annoying to me and the dogs. And we miss it, don't you find that a bit strange?

He came bearing loot from the campaign trail...shirts, buttons, placards and even an Obama version of the terrible towel financed by his new best friend Franco Harris, drool,

this is my fav...they worked very hard and forged some new friendships, The Saint is the really handsome man 2nd from the right, next to my fav Steeler of all time, Franco Harris.

he says there's no place like home...

Max went to the groomer for her spring hair styling today...I know she's a happier dog now. Wouldn't you be too?

before and after

And for all of you who came wanting to see some knitting, here ya go!


I've been invited to a baby shower for a co-worker tomorrow after work. This is what I made for her "bun".
Thanks everybody for keeping me company the past couple weeks. I really appreciate it.

The Saint is off to a meeting for a couple of hours so I'm headed to the deck for some more quiet time (like I haven't had near enough, lol) with a nice glass of pear wine and my crochet dress that I haven't worked on in several days.

Thanks, again, for stoppin by. Have a great evening!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I was able to get one of the last skeins of Yes We Can yarn from Ceyeber (sp?) Fibers--can't wait until it arrives!

alabamafiberdreams said...

I love Max's new "do"! Such a cute pup.

Rena said...

i hope he brought me a t shirt too!!!
I really think those could be unisex booties. Put them in the gift. Glad pops is home. have a good day love rena

wildflower38 said...

Cool!! I'm going to look online for that got hope? tshirt

Cass said...

OhWOW he was gone a long time! But what a good thing he was doing. YAY for Obama swag! :)

Purl said...

Great loot! I need some Obama great. And cute booties, adorable dog, handsome husband!

Nichole said...

Pear wine sounds delightful! We visited the US's "southern most winery" in Florida and all of their wine was made with different fruits - NO grapes. And, I bought a bottle of local (NH) apple wine to try at the expo a couple weeks ago.
Looks like its spring grooming all around this week!

JessaLu said...

Welcome home to the Saint!

Cute booties - and are you sure that's the same doggie? I think she's only half the dog she used to be... ;o)

Grace Yaskovic said...

pear wine---how yummy and l love the peach wine that Hopkins winery makes

clarabelle said...

I think you look great, Ally dear! I know that you're a year younger than me, but you look more than that! (grrrr, gnashing of teeth). And Igor is also amazingly annoying: perhaps there's something appealing about being annoying? Are we mad?

The baby booties are gorgeous!