Saturday, April 12, 2008

knitter identification and some politics, sort of...

I guess anyone who saw these would have a clue I'm a knitter...


what is it about belonging to a particular group that makes us feel more secure in ourselves?

I've been a member of a lot of "groups" of people in my lifetime but no other has given me more satisfaction and an elevated sense of self like being a knitter. I'd like to give a big thank you to all of you who have boosted my self-confidence and expanded my circle of friends. I'm different and hopefully better person than the one who started this blog almost a year ago.

With this new found confidence I'll be making an attempt at writing a speech tonight for The Saint. He's scheduled to speak at a meeting in the morning. He's been in Pittsburgh for almost a week now working with other Teamsters on the Convoy for Change. Next week they'll be working the phones and shaking hands promoting our candidate. It's an exciting time.

And before I run off to City Knitting for the afternoon I wanted to show you what is drying over my tub...

my new felted loafers designed by Lorilee at City Knitting and knitted by Rena. Aren't they just too cute?! Rena thought I was crazy when I chose her leftover red and green Ironstone as a color combo for these slippers. I guess I showed her, huh? I LOVE THEM.















And a shout to all my faithful following, lol...you're the greatest, thank you for hanging out with me. Especially you, Wildflower, don't work too hard. I love that Coral Pink yarn. Those socks are going to be amazing!

Ok, gotta go! See you later, happy knitting everybody!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Woot, Obama!

clarabelle said...

Your loafers are fantastic! Well done, Lorilee and Rena!

And good luck with the speech - I'm afraid that, as a Brit, I'm not au fait enough to give a judgement on the Obama/Clinton race; but at least they're both Democrats, eh! And good luck to The Saint too!

Rena said...

nice loafers. I was totally wrong about the color choice. they turned out marvelous.

wildflower38 said...

Hi Ally :)