Thursday, October 2, 2008

It was awesome!!!!

They estimated the crowd at upwards of 16,000


I was so excited, I had to fight tears a couple of times, especially while singing the National Anthem, in the open air, with those thousands of folks - all with one goal in mind, electing the next President of our great country.

I told The Saint it was almost as exciting as waiting in the lobby before The Lion King, lol. No, I'm just kidding, really.

To see this many people on Calder Plaza was amazing

We got "yellow" tickets so we were able to sit in the bleachers behind the stage, The Saint's hard work on the campaign is paying off

It was a perfect place to see what Barack was seeing while he was speaking

When he finished speaking we got out chance for a good look

doesn't he look Presidential?

And here's a shot for those among us that have a great appreciation for his "body-man" Reggie

mmm-mmm-mmm, I may be old and happily married but I can still enjoy the view, LOL

Edited: To revise crowd #s as published in today's local paper

7 comments:

Christie said...

Oh yeah...I was hoping you would have worn your Knitters for Obama t-shirt. ;)

Bubblesknits said...

Looks like you had great seats!

Rena said...

i'd like me a reggie for a body guard not that i need a body guard but it would be a good excuse for some eye candy. i am so jealous, glad you had a good time

Susan said...

The experience sounds amazing!

Nichole said...

What an experience!

Amy said...

He looks presidential, and more importantly, he sounds and acts presidential. Now he just needs to BE presidential.

clarabelle said...

Eeeek, finally caught up with your blog! Sorry to have been AWOL for so long, but holidays and family have intervened.

Glad to see that you're continuing to be a 'Barack groupie'; I don't blame you! If only we had a few hunky politicians here in the UK... I mean, not that I'm being shallow or anything (ahem)... I really hope he gets in, so we don't have to see much more of that ghastly Palin woman.

xxx