Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Book review and more political pics


Last week I received a special package in the mail. I contained a pre-publication copy of Kate Jacobs' new book titled, Knit Two. If you enjoyed The Friday Night Knitting Club, which I did very much, you'll be glad to hang out with the same cast of characters in the continuation of the story. There is a bit of a time break between books, Dakota is now in college and a few babies have been born and lots of knitting has happened. I've read about 1/2 and am enjoying it as much as the first book. I'm like that though, if you give me some characters that I can identify with, I like to visit them again. I could certainly identify with Georgia, the main character of the first book, who was dealing with all the issues you are faced with when in an inter-racial relationship. The book is to be released in November 25, 2008 so be on the look-out for it and be sure to pick yourself up a copy.

And in other news, this is what I saw when I turned onto my street the other day...I just had to take a picture. We live in a diverse neighborhood, lol and one neighbor likes to create controversy for the sake of fun...can you guess which one? hahaha


This has been the most interesting, most fun, most stress-inducing political campaign I have ever lived through. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My first Presidential vote was for Jimmy Carter in 1976. We live in a great country and this campaign has been an example of how much freedom and responsibility we possess as Americans. 1 more week...

The knitting continues here. I'm rolling along with my effort at a toe-up sock using Cookie A's instructions and a ball of Schoeller Stahl in the Limbo Mexiko #2596 colorway. I'm getting ready to do the heel turn, it's a bit scary!

I'm thinking I'd better get busy if I'm gonna make any knitting gifts for the holidays...anybody got any suggestions for quick/simple/fabulous items worthy of your favorite relatives? I have so many patterns piled up that I'm feeling overwhelmed and could certainly use a few suggestions of things you all like.

Rock on with your week and stay warm and dry. I know in some parts of our country there are some folks that are neither warm or dry. Send them some good thoughts this week as you go through your days. And consider doing some charity knitting for your local shelter.

Thanks for stopping in...I'm off to put a wallet together for a special friend...toodles!

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I need to find my copy of the first book and read it again. :-)

I might would suggest a pair of slippers (Malabrigo Loafers are quick and fun) or maybe the Peekaboo Mittens. I just made a test run of the loafers and I'm in love. :-) I'm working on the mittens for my Dad and the pattern is very well written and they're working up really quick.

Both of those patterns are in my projects page on Ravelry. I'm too tired to try and remember how to link them. lol

wildflower38 said...

You know me Ally so you know i'd say knit your favorite relatives socks.

I love the pic if your neighborhood :)

Nichole said...

I can't wait for it - guess that means I better hurry up and finish the first one!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I drove to a book signing and got to talk with Kate and she signed my copy and the one I sent a friend.I loved the first book waiting for the movie due out 2010.I envy you that you have knit two:)Cant wait for the book to come out.I love the cirrcular needle keep er very clever and thoughtful of you to share the instructions on how to make one:)If you have weekend knits or last minute knitted gifts those are good quick pattern books also I just got for my birthday luxury yarn one skein wonders I have all 3 books now a one skein project is usually quick.I just knit the jayne hat for a christmas gift.I would look at the one skein group on ravelry for ideas to.Hugs Darcy