Sunday, October 12, 2008

Socks and friends old and new...

This past weekend I got to spend some time with Cookie A...and my favorite shop owner, Lorilee...just for fun at the Late Nite Yarny Party @ City Knitting...and Saturday I took Cookie's toe-up sock knitting class. I like how her designs come clear in my brain without great difficulty and the end product is very nice. We knitted very small socks,

mine is Cascade 220, a blue heather color #4005 and I want to make a pair of socks to fit my foot with this yarn.

Anybody out there ever knit a pair of Jil Eaton's clog socks with Cascade 220? I'm wondering how well it will hold up just schlepping around the house.
The LNYP was great fun, as usual. We even got to play a cheesy contest where we had 3 min to bite a sock out of a slice of cheese. Emily's husband even stopped in to enjoy some of the fun.

BethanyG was the lucky winner.

Kristen and I were also lucky enough to be picked in the drawing for free Cookie A sock patterns. Here's what I picked...


Millicent could prove to be a monumental project but I do like some knee socks, lol. Think I'll do them in white, do you have an opinion on what color they should be? Not red, I don't think.

It's always fun to spend a Saturday with Rena at CK. Love you Rena! Hey to everyone who's nice enough to stop in and look around. I'm off to work on a new design today, a new style wallet for the knitting bag...after a great brain-storming session at CK Saturday morning I'm on a mission.

Thanks for all your input on the notions wallets and the encouragement to open my own Etsy store...it's definitely under consideration...stay tuned...you never know what might happen. And if you have any ideas about something you would find useful in your knitting bag, leave me a comment and I'll see what I can come up with.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Love the pics... esp the one of the 3 of you! :)

You definitely need to open your Etsy store!

Purl said...

I am taking 2 Cookie A classes next weekend. I can't wait!

And yes, please open an Etsy store!

wildflower38 said...

Great pics! I'd love to take a Cookie A class. I need to find out when she'll be in Houston again.

Yes you DO need to open an etsy.com shop. I LOVE LOVE my notions wallet. Let me know when you open the shop up and I'll be your first customer.