Thursday, October 23, 2008

it's Thursday and I don't have much


Tuesday was Sam's birthday, he's 7 now. Livin a dog's life for sure.


I forgot to mention my trip to Quilts on the Grand a few weeks ago. It was the bi-annual show put on by the WMQG and it is always fabulous. They hang the show to raise money for local charities.

A few examples for your viewing pleasure...



I could have spent hours looking at these beautiful quilts but my feet could not take those concrete floors. There were hundreds of quilts and a slew of vendors. I picked up some really nice fat quarters to make a few more of those cute notions wallets.

I've been knitting like crazy on several different projects. I did finish a hat for my friend Marie (click on the "then" tab and you'll see her smiling face) who feeds me breakfast every Saturday morning. Here's the hat in progress.


I'm still working on the Socks That Rock Knitters w/o Borders socks, they're about 50% done and I started a sock from the toe up, that's past the toe now and a couple rows into the foot. I'll post a pic of that next time. I'm also working on another Ring of Cables hat with the remainder of the above pictured yarn.

I noticed that my friend Nichole has some really cute new Halloween themed stitch markers in her Etsy shop. You should go check it out.

I also wanted to give you a heads-up on a great website with crafty fun stuff and a great podcast called CraftSanity. Right now Jennifer has some cute Halloween decoration ideas posted. Go check it out, you'll find some fun stuff there.

Next time we'll talk about the new pre-published book I received the other day. It's by one of our favorite knitting authors...stay tuned...I promise I'll get it on here by the end of the weekend.

Everybody have a safe and happy weekend. I'll be going to the last wedding of the season, yay!

WARNING- Political Area:

I voted today. I'm relieved. Now I don't have to worry about getting sick/hurt and not making it to the polls on Nov 4th. Phew! I have to say that this is the most exciting election campaign I've ever lived through.

I saw this great video today, you gotta love Opie, Andy and the Fonz.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Happy Birthday Sam! We hope you got lotsa yummy treats!

WOOF.
Zeus, Lola, Tut & Sophie

PS - Our Mom appreciates your Mom's mention of her markers!