Friday, November 21, 2008

The Saint's Cheese

WARNING!!! THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE WEAK OF STOMACH!!!
Or if you haven't had your breakfast yet, or if you've just finished your breakfast, hahaha.

Don't say I didn't warn you!


***********************************************************************************

Yes, it's that time of year again at Chez B...head-cheese time!

The Saint takes a week off before Thanksgiving under the guise of deer hunting season but what he really does is plan and execute the making of the head-cheese. We begin getting calls about the middle of October, folks asking when the cheese is gonna be ready and can they get a one? I know when I hear him on this end of the conversation asking do you want hot or not-hot? that he's talking about the cheese.

It's a mystery to me that anyone can eat it but I guess there are those who don't like fruit cake and that's one of my favs so it proves - there's no accounting for taste.

He even did a little photo shoot for me while he was hookin-it-up, LOL.

I present you...the making of the cheese!


It begins at 4:30am with pots of boiling pig parts...










Then the parts are drained, mashed...



and seasoned...then pressed into loaves.


Not a bad days work and the kitchen was clean when I got home too!







Thanks Honey!


Check back for my first tutorial...

How to re-purpose an old 5 1/2" floppy disc box (free from the trash at work)
into a circular needle holder, using materials I had around the craft room...

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yep - that's pretty gross looking!

Shine said...

it actually doesn't look any worse than any other meat product. of course, I am biased, being scottish. looks better than black pudding, you know?

I bet your kitchen smelled *terrible.*

Christie said...

I don't get it. Head cheese? Give me fruitcake.

Bubblesknits said...

I shall take fruitcake, too.