Saturday, April 25, 2009

Neopolitan FO

Last night was the final LNYP at City Knitting for the summer. It will be a long few months before the next one in the fall. I made some good knitting progress and finished one of the Neopolitan Socks with the Trekking XXL.

I love it, a-lot!


How do you like it? Second sock has been cast on and I'm hoping to have it done by about Wednesday this week. We'll see...

The Saint is headed to Vegas next week for a big Teamster convention. On Saturday I'll be taking a class at City..it's a test run for Lorilee who's teaching a class at Sock Summit this year. Should be a blast.

It has been a beautiful spring day despite the torrential downpours we've had at times. The grass is a healthy looking dark green, the tulips and tiger lillies are beginning to stand tall and the neighbor's tulip tree is in bloom...

this pic is a bit blurry but another one of those torrential downpours that I referred to was just starting as I was running to put The Saint's truck in the driveway and I wanted to get this on the way. When I turned onto my street coming home from City Knitting this afternoon it was so lovely to see this tree beyond my house. I wouldn't want to have to clean up the mess it makes when it sheds though.

I 'd like to thank everyone who expressed their condolences for the loss of our friend Joe. He was a super guy and we'll miss him.

Hope you all have a great week and get a chance to knit something fun.

5 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Love the Neopolitan sock. :) Pink and brown are some of my favorite color combos.

Grace said...

great socks and what a pretty tree, our ornamental cherry finally bloomed over night!

wildflower38 said...

Pretty socks!!!

Nichole said...

Very pretty! I just got back to knitting my Trekking socks again... I finished sock #1 last week and started #2...

Shine said...

how do I keep missing these lnyps? will you harass me next time?