Thursday, April 30, 2009

Froggie's Got a Brand New Bag

This little market bag from Knit Simple Spring/Summer 2009 is amazing!

With a bit of folding and stuffing

it has self-storage Don't you think it's super cute?!

I think I'll add a button to hold the opening closed when it's folded into itself and it will be good to go!

I made this bag in about 3 hours, the first time through a pattern is always a challenge for me but I think I could make another one in less time. I have another skein of this yarn in pink that is certainly destined to become another bag. I have to say this magazine always has some great projects in it and this edition is certainly no exception. So far, a tank top and a bag out of this mag. I'll surely be renewing my subscription.

8 comments:

Grace said...

i just saw this on Ravelry and thought it was fantastic, so glad to see you posted about it too!!

have a wonderful weekend ALLY

Bubblesknits said...

What type of yarn did you use? I'm attempting to knit a market bag out of cotton, but it's killing my hands. Love the color you picked, too. :-)

Shine said...

yes, I think it is super cute.

but I already said so. ;)

Channon said...

I'll have to search out that magazine... It's sometimes hard to find in this town...

Nichole said...

Very nice!

KnittingReader said...

Very cute! I'm going to have to pick up the magazine!

Little Miss S. said...

Love your bag - but you need to keep the frog next to it always, it makes it even cuter :)

I left a few informations about the shoes you asked me about on my blog. Thanks for looking by.

Gnat said...

Love it!! :)