Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy 70th Mom!

If you came for the knitting scroll to the end but if you do you"ll miss the fun.


Today is my mother's 70th birthday (if you click on the photo above you'll see a special message on the restaurant menu for her).

We celebrated on Sunday knowing she'd be gallivanting around the countryside with her senior citizen peeps on this special day.



It was beautiful sitting by the window overlooking the Grand River from Charley's Crab.






I believe she had a nice dinner but if you could ask her I know she'd say the opportunity to spend a couple leisurely hours with two of her grand children was the best gift. Why is it so hard to get 3 people to smile all at the same time? LOL

I'm a firm believer in our time being the best of gifts, whether it's being together or spending the time to hand-make a gift for someone.

Mom has always been more than generous with her time for all of us:
3 children
3 step-children
14 I think grand-children
6 great-grandchildren and another on the way...

Quite a legacy.

She's been a super cheerleader for all of us over the years. Love you Mom!


I finished the Trekking socks...

don't they look just like those Neopolitan candies? I seem to be quite attached to yarn with these colors, hmmm. Here's another view, just to show everybody that I can actually make a pair of socks that doesn't match exactly, LOL

This picture makes it look like one is even a little longer than the other, hahaha, imagine that!

Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for stopping in, come back soon.

7 comments:

Grace said...

so happy for you all that you had a great birthday for your mom!!! Give her my best

Love the socks

Bubblesknits said...

Happy Birthday, Ally-B's Mom!

Luv the socks!

Christie said...

Happy birthday, mom!

KnittingReader said...

What a wonderful celebration for your mom! I agree that time is the best gift of all.

And I love those socks!

Channon said...

Happy birthday to your mom! She looks much younger...

Nichole said...

Happy bday to your mom - great pics!

LOVE those socks!

clarabelle said...

Happy birthday, Ally's mum! You are very much like her, which is obviously a compliment - she looks so young for 70! Lovely photos and the socks are great - I'm only bothered about socks matching very occasionally! X