Sunday, May 10, 2009

another lazy Sunday

I wanted to be sure to say Happy Mother's Day to all of you who need, want and deserve such greetings.

Since I am a mother every day I try to appreciate all of them. The Hallmark holidays don't really move me much. They mostly make me think of holidays as obligations rather than occasions to celebrate. I think that we should celebrate every day that we have with each other and make them all as enjoyable as possible.

This morning I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to find the motivation to get in the shower and make myself presentable should we happen to have any company here at Chez B today.
I don't like to be seen in my messy unkempt state but do like to shirk my usual over-achieving on Sundays - even beautiful, sunny Sundays. It's the one day of the week that I can be totally unaccountable for my time. Aside from washing up the breakfast dishes - thanks Honey for the great breakfast! - and thinking about doing some laundry so I'll have something to wear to work tomorrow, I don't do much on this day of the week except knit and surf the net.

Since you don't know what I'm wearing or that my hair isn't combed we can carry on our conversation as if I'm about to be bustling around like most other folks today getting ready for a family holiday celebration. hehehe

Shhh, just don't tell anybody my secret and I'll show you some photos I took recently.

Winston's new hair cut...New knitting projects in the works...

ZigBagZ by Lynn H in Araucania Nature Wool


Fascine Braid Socks in Creatively Dyed Yarn SeaWool color # S51



and the breath-taking souvenir The Saint brought me from Las Vegas...


I sometimes wonder if I deserve him.

3 comments:

Channon said...

Wow! Winston looks darling, and the WIPs are nice, but kudos to the Saint! That's impressive!

Bubblesknits said...

Oh my goodness! Way to go, Saint!!!

Grace said...

Keep Him!!! don't even question him, just keep HIM Very nice