Monday, May 25, 2009

Post #211 for lack of a better name...

It's Memorial Day...

Thank you to all who have given heroic service to our country.

This would include The Saint who did his part in the jungles of Southeast Asia 69-71.

I'd like to send out this poem to all who gave their lives in order for all of us to enjoy the freedom we have to speak and do as we do, daily.

####################################################################

I've been doing a bit of knitting when I can get Boomer to sit in his own spot on the couch and not on my lap. LOL It's a challenge however. I've made some progress on the Zig BagZ so that you can see the zig-zag part (above the solid brown line which is the corner of the bottom of the bag). Today I've been tinking two rows because I must not have been paying attention yesterday and zagged when I should have been zigging.


Today has been cleaning up after yesterday's family feast, bathing 2 of 3 dogs - the short-haired ones - doing laundry (10 loads) and moving a couple of things in the crafty room that were messing up my chi.

I also got my new sewing basket for the sofa finished up today.
I got a free basket from work and painted it this fabulous bright green then lined it with a piece of fabric I found in a box on a shelf en voila! I think it looks pretty good.
It's shallow enough that I can see what's there and deep enough to keep my yarn from rolling around, it will also keep Boomer from stepping in it...I hope.



Did you all have a great holiday weekend?

It was a feast here yesterday...ribs, chicken, spaghetti, cranberry salsa, jicama salad, Elote and rhubard crisp. Jaime's spaghetti is described best by the pic she shot of Boomer yesterday...

I believe The Saint has his ribs just perfect and it's only 8 weeks til the 11th Annual BBQ Competition at John Ball Park. Yee-haw!

Have a great week everybody.

3 comments:

Channon said...

Many thanks to the Saint. Two of my uncles also served about then.

And my dogs have always thought they should displace knitting when they feel like it.

Grace said...

yes I too want to thank the Saint and all of his buddies. Tom was #29 in the draft in 1873 and they ended the action and suspended the draft, he has always felt like he missed something.

Love to check in and see what you are knitting

clarabelle said...

Thanks for the link to the Flanders Fields poem, Ally. My grandfather survived the WW1 trenches, though my pilot great-uncle died at the Battle of the Somme. My whole family history over the past century has been focused on army service, so I can understand the whole thing about heroics. And yo, The Saint! I can't imagine what he experienced, but I'm so glad he's here to be your man.