Tuesday, April 6, 2010

632

That's how many stitches I had to bind off last night.  It's finally finished though...
Cameron's Blankie.  His Mama liked it.  I'm glad to have it out of the house!  I was having homicidal thoughts toward this blankie at the end.  Remind me to never, ever make another blanket.  It was way too much knitting of the same color for my taste.  And the center of it was poochie and I didn't like that at all.  I believe I should have used a larger needle in the beginning instead of using a smaller needle like the pattern said.  Live and learn.




The top two pics are the most accurate color.  Those were taken with the flash on.  I think it's pretty but I wasn't thrilled how the acrylic yarn refuses to be blocked.  Also remind me to never make anything with acrylic yarn again too, will ya?  blech

It's been stormy here the past couple days.  We got hail and heavy rain today along with some pretty stiff winds.  The Saint snapped the above pic about 30 minutes after the storm rolled through here this morning.  That's hail, fortunately not the ping pong size hail they got in Holland today.  All is well at Chez B though, unlike for a few of our friends...sending good thoughts to my knitting peeps down Battle Creek way...looks like they really got socked last night.

Thanks for stopping in.  Hope you have a great day!

ETA:  This post is part of Fiber Arts Friday hosted by Wisdom Begins In Wonder.

13 comments:

Kristyn said...

The blanket is beautiful!

Rena said...

Wow that's some hail you got there!!!! Despite the annoyance of the blankie it turned out very nice it looks beautiful and I am sure Cameron will love it :0)

Channon said...

It *IS* beautiful, but I have the same concerns about the Serenity I can't seem to get back into...

Did you do the smaller version or the larger?

KnittingReader said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern.

A friend at work is pregnant, so I am searching for blankets that will be done before I die of boredom.

Karen said...

Lovely blanket. I know well the feeling of relief when something this big is done--but what joy it'll give to the recipient!

Nichole said...

GORGEOUS!!!! :)

And there ARE some nice acrylics out there you know.... just saying. ;-)

Renee said...

It is beautiful!! It looks so squishy and cuddly, what a lucky baby! I need to start picking out some projects for this babe and get movin'!

Grace said...

I think the blanket is spectacular, i have never knit anything like that and must look at the pattern

Holly Bee said...

The blanket is amazing!! 632 stitches is also amazing. Wait, you must be amazing too!

I understand the getting it out of the house! Great job on that one!

WonderWhyGal said...

Cameron is sure lucky to have such a lovely blanket with beautiful details. I still have all the blankets that were crocheted and knitted for my kids which were used every day and I will keep them for when they get older so I can tell them stories about the person who made them the beautiful blanket. It's a beautiful gift which I am sure will be treasured for years to come.

Kim said...

The blanket did turn out wonderful! We had SNOW on our car this morning.

Allison said...

Despite your blocking problems, the blanket is lovely!

jessecreations said...

The blanket is beautiful! What a labor of love!!

This is why I prefer crochet for blankets - goes much faster.

Jess