Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hi, I'm Ally, and I'm a sock-a-holic...

I finished a pair of socks this afternoon that took me for-ev-ah!  I really don't like this yarn, it's too thin (had to use size 0 needles) and the color is boring.  I won't be making any more tan socks.  bleh!

The socks turned out ok, I guess...
my favorite part of a sock is the heel...not sure why, it just is.  The little wedge that's created when you do the turn most especially so.
couldn't wait to get them Kitchener'd and get started on the next pair...

do you think that's a problem? Anyway, the new socks are in Lorna's Laces, Watermelon (which, I think is discontinued).  If not for the fact that I had to trash several yards at the beginning of one skein due to knots, I'd really love this yarn.  I do have some other things to finish, like Cameron's Blankie...

Only 10 rows to go until that's finished but that is 10 x 400 sts...phew!   When the rows include terms like DD and k2tog and ssk along with a few yo's it gets tedious.  It's so hard to knit all those things accurately when you're trying to watch NCIS!  Have I mentioned that Abby is my favorite character on that show?  I find her fascinating.  And isn't this super cute!  I could combine my love of the show with my love of crafting...

I guess I'd better get to knittin.  Everyone have a stellar weekend!  Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate all the nice comments.

6 comments:

Rena said...

Ha, you already cast on for another pair!!!! LOL well that a great yarn choice :)

Bubblesknits said...

Cameron's Blankie is beautiful!

Nichole said...

I like the tan socks... "mild" but pretty! Love the watermelon colorway!

WonderWhyGal said...

At least you're a sock-a-holic who can knit socks...I haven't made it that far yet. I like the tan and look forward to seeing you finish the new ones. I knitted my Clapotis out of Lorna's Lace and I really like the colors and yarn.

Grace said...

I totally like the socks and the blanket is coming along wonderfully!!!

Channon said...

Yeah, I need to get back to my Serenity blankie too. Baby is scheduled for c-section on the 13th.