Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fiber Arts Friday...on Saturday

I guess I lost track of time while on staycation this week.  Better late for Fiber Arts Friday than to miss it completely.  It's been a nice week with knitting and quilting a part of every day.  I finished the socks that daughter Rena started...she doesn't like to do the heels so she passed them on to me for that part and I just kept on going.

Cookie A's Monkey is one of my favorite patterns, these are done without the purl stitches.

I've got ideas swirling in my head for what I want to start.  It's always a bit of a challenge as I like to have a sock and something else going at the same time.  I'll be hanging with my knitting buddy, Kim, today.  We'll be checking out Fabrications in Richland today along with a place that's supposed to have some pretty good food.  I wanted to start a new sock today so will give this a try...
if I can't find some white or pink cotton yarn at Fabrications I'll use a skein of sock yarn I pulled out of my stash last night.  The color is 220.  The other project I'd like to get started on is the One-Button Cardigan from the Fall 2010 Knit Simple...
and I won't be wearing it with a plaid blouse!  LOL

I've done a bit of yard work, but not much.  Yesterday I was forced to pull up some of our pepper plants thanks to this guy...

don't know where he came from but he went straight into the trash bin when I found him.  He ate all but one pepper and all the leaves in the blink of an eye.  Stinkin horn worms!

And now, a message from LittleDog:

Hey evrybodee!  Check out my newly washed self.  She gave me a bath yesterday and I'm clean and shiney!  Just ignore the devil dog eye reflection.

It's only 6am and I'm a bit sleepy but she insists on snappin that flash anyway.

Whatever!  Thank you all for visiting and for the anniversary wishes.  Be sure to check out the other great fiber artists that participate in Fiber Arts Friday on Andrea's blog.  Have a great weekend!

Toodle-loo!

6 comments:

Holly Bee said...

Fabrications is fun! Say "hey" to the owners from me. Of course they know me!!

Love that you finish the socks for your daughter! Now that's team work.

WonderWhyGal said...

I still haven't visited Fabrications. I rarely go through Richland. Hope you had a great day.

Nerdy Knitter said...

Thanks mom for finishing the socks, I hope you like them and they wear nicely. I love the yarn hope you do too!!!

Channon said...

Love all of it, especially the shiny, clean fur-boy.

Good of you to finish the socks for your daughter. I bet that makes them twice as special.

Margaret said...

I'm working on Monkeys too right now. Littledog looks so spiffy!

Bubblesknits said...

Even though he ate your peppers, he's such a lovely green. :)

Give Little Dog some love for me!