Friday, July 30, 2010

It finally cooled off today

and work is slowly progressing on my two current projects.

The grass is growing like the weeds in our backyard on the quilt.
 I'm liking the look of it so far.  I hope I can sit still in front of the frame long enough to get it finished this weekend. The urge to sew quilt blocks is coming on strong and I have to resist til this piece is done.

The pink sock is progressing at a slow pace, the weight of the yarn is making it less than desirable for me to knit.  1 sock about 3/4 done...

We've had some pretty lazy days around here the past couple weeks due to the heat and humidity.  Today house has been open, the a/c turned off ($215 electric bill this month, gah!) and a nice breeze is moving through right now.  Nothing better than open windows.  The dogs aren't thinking it's cool enough for open windows though, they all look exhausted this evening.
LittleDog really prefers the a/c, the colder the better.

In the close-up you can see what he thinks of the hot weather.

Have a super-swell weekend and be sure to check out the fibery goodness over at Wisdom Begins In Wonder as we celebrate another Fiber Arts Friday.

8 comments:

Gnat said...

Wish we could turn off the air and open the windows but we'd all melt!! Our electric bill was $360!!! I swear we are air-conditioning the whole block with our darn windows but I can't stand sleeping in the heat! Good luck!! The pink socks are looking great!

Nichole said...

LOVE that quilt..... amazing!

Dutch Hollow said...

I think the quilt is coming along wonderfully well.

I don't even want to know what our electric bill is going to be. But it's now 50's at night and 70's during the day and I"m loving every minute of it!

Channon said...

That quilt is just stunning.

I'm REALLY glad the Knight writes our household checks... I don't want to know.

Have a great weekend!

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Your quilt looks beautiful!

Linda said...

Beautiful quilt! And I like the sock pattern. I haven't attempted socks yet. I do believe I would be a life long member of the one sock club:)

WonderWhyGal said...

Your quilt is GORGEOUS and your socks are adorable. I am going to knit socks this year! Ok, maybe this winter because I start my sweater class next week. Squee!

Margaret said...

Can't wait to see that quilt done!

Why is the sock so weighty?

LittleDog looks like he's giving the heat a raspberry! ;D