Friday, July 23, 2010

A Fishy Fiber Arts Friday with a spin.

Once again I arrive at Friday wondering where the week went.  To make it even worse, I will be working tonight and most of tomorrow at Taste of Grand Rapids.

In the interest of all things fiber be sure to jump over to Wisdon Begins in Wonder and check out all the great peeps who participate in Fiber Arts Friday.

Speaking of great fiber peeps, I got the nicest package from Spinsanity this week.  When I opened it I found this little lovely...
Shannon makes some awesome hand painted spindles...check em out!  Now if I can keep The Saint from playing with it...or maybe I should encourage him.  It would certainly be more productive for him to learn how to spin yarn that I could knit than what he does now...play games on his cell phone.
I've been knitting like crazy on these pink anklets...
I'm planning to wear them at work when the a/c is freakin cold which is almost every day!  Maybe I better make more than one pair.
The dogs have been suffering in the heat...and the lawn is showing some signs of heat exhaustion.

Speaking of dogs, I'm making progress on the quilt.  All the clouds are quilted (I hope it doesn't look too much like toilet paper, LOL) and I've started the grass.  What do you think?  Does it look like grass to you?

These grass tufts will certainly go faster than the round clouds did.  I can hardly wait to get this finished. 

Everybody have a great week and remember to do something fibery!

Thank you for stopping by and please do let me know what you think of the quilted grass.

10 comments:

Holly Bee said...

Your quilt looks AMAZING!! Just amazing.

So glad you too have the awesome of a Spinsanity spindle!

Have a great week!

Kathryn Ray said...

The grass looks great! I love the anticipation of this quilt. :-)

I remember going to a quilting group when I was a kid. I actually had to ask my mom about it because I wasn't sure if it was a real experience or a dream that I had a few times. She said it was a real experience. :-)

I remember being fascinated with all of these ladies talking and laughing and sewing on the same project. I was only 4 or 5 years old.

WonderWhyGal said...

I love the quilt and those tufts of grass. Encourage the Saint to spin...maybe you'll both get "hooked" and SpinSanity will have to make another fish. I love that fish design.

Kim Wood said...

Love it all. The socks are coming along nicely. The grass is awesome.

Channon said...

Wow. That quilt is impressive.

The spindle is lovely. The Knight is very intuitive spinner, but has no interest in it.

Enjoy your weekend!

Nichole said...

The quilt grass looks fabulous! LOVE it.
Our lawn is showing signs of the heat damage as well...
That spindle is adorable!

Hellchick said...

I used to love quilting. Not really sure why I gave it up, but every so often I get the urge to return to it. Your quilt is inspiring!

Grace said...

the quilt is wonderful!!!c

Margaret said...

The grass looks great! You are a talented quilter.

Now I'm off to do something fibery...start the heel on my Monkey sock.

Nerdy Knitter said...

I love the grass. It is absolutely perfect!!! Looks amazing :)