Friday, September 3, 2010

TGIF with a Long Weekend to follow...

Are you looking forward to this long weekend as much as I am?  Let's party!  I may be smelling some BBQ sometime this weekend and cleaning some machinery but in the meantime I'd like to take just a moment to dream of this...

 my favorite bar - all Tequila, mmm-mmm

Can't think of a thing that would be considered profound to write about this week.  I've been knitting on my latest sock which is looking great and have added a few rows to my office shawl but haven't really felt very inspired.  Work is all weird and is totally throwing off my mo.

So here is a big stick-out-of-the-tongue for my job today! 

Maybe I'd be good as a house painter, or something. 

On to more positive things, which I know you'd rather read...

In honor of Fiber Arts Friday I bring you a few more photos from Michigan Fiber Festival.
Angela's Mohawk Hat
isn't she beautiful at 12?  And a crafty girl too!

fresh off the sheep wool, still nice and greasy

cute alpacas

so who do you suppose is in charge around here?
LittleDog's rule!
I'm going to pick up a sewing machine today...I know you're shocked! Right?  hehehe  A girls gotta have some fun once in a while...and a $10 sewing machine pretty much does it for me these days.  Is that a sad commentary or what?  If nothing else, I can get my $10 back by selling it for a boat anchor, LOL  Pics when I get her cleaned up...she's a mess.

Thanks for visiting, have a safe and fun weekend.  If you're in the US, Happy Labor Day!  Go out and celebrate those of us who are still laboring daily.  And for my international peeps...a special Happy Weekend to you too.

10 comments:

Inspiration Fibers said...

Love the mohawk hat! That is awesome, and yes, she is beautiful!

Channon said...

Nothing exciting happening here this weekend either, but I do hope to hunker down with my sweater in progress. I refuse to apologize for enjoying a few books instead of knitting, but it makes it hard to have finished objects!

Dutch Hollow said...

That hat looks like so much fun!

WonderWhyGal said...

The mohawk hat is a riot. I didn't see that one go past my booth.

It's fun being creative with knitting. I bet whoever made that had a blast knitting it.

Renee said...

The baby alpaca at Fiber Fest was just too cute for words and I could have stood there and watch the babe with his/her Momma all day...so precious!

Sam Attal said...

Love the hat! Have a fun and relaxing weekend. I will starting Sunday! Tamara

AllyB said...

Thank you everyone for visiting. Channon: I don't apologize for reading either. I usually have a book I read while eating breakfast and one for during lunch, then I have 3 books on my Zen. Gotta keep the brain busy while the hands are working.
Andrea: The had was knitting by the wearer. She's become quite a good knitter over the past couple of years.

Nichole said...

LOL, Sophie says yes... little dogs rule the roost!

YAY to Long Weekends and BBQ!

Bubblesknits said...

LOL I love the knit mohawk hat.

Give those pups some love for me!

Margaret said...

There are days when I'd like to stick my tongue out at my job, too!
The fiber festival looks fun. Enjoy the rest of your long weekend!