Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mystery of Life #13

cause it's my favorite #, that's why

Setting the scene:

It's noon-ish, Ally is sitting at her credenza with her back to her desk and anyone who would happen to enter her "area" aka "AletaLand". There is a yummy lunch of Massaman Tofu w/white rice spread out in front of her as well as a book propped on a stand. She is obviously on her lunch - which she is allowed to do every single day at about this same time.

Enter AE #1...can I just sit with you and have a couple bites of my lunch while I ask you some questions about client "so-&-so"? blah-blah-blah...five of my lunch minutes later...walks away with a promise of sending a follow-up email...

5 or so minutes passes then...

Enter AE #2...I know you're at lunch but - I'm leaving something on your keyboard and you'll see what needs to be done - when you're done with your lunch...blah, blah, blah...



It only takes a couple of days eating lunch in my "area" to remind me why I go home for lunch most days. By the time I get finished actually eating my lunch I'm so aggravated that it's difficult to find the creative juice to knit...and knit I must! I have just a few rows of a sock toe to finish and I want it done today!

Why can't they just leave me alone? sniff

3 comments:

Christie said...

Because they think they're not being bothersome.

Grace said...

do they stay in for lunch? turn about may be fair play!

Bubblesknits said...

I'd go home, too. I hate being constantly interrupted when I'm trying to eat.