Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fibery fun with ZPDK


OMG! I don't need another hobby...please someone help me!
Yesterday I fell under the spell of the Zombie Prom Date Knitters at MommaCloud's old church turned house an hour away from home. We had a fabulous pot-luck lunch then settled in for some fibery fun.

That's when I found out I was surrounded by spinners! They tempted me with fiber and spindles and wheels! I didn't even realize it was having an effect...until after I got home.

I may have watched my fingers type these words to someone earlier today..."if the hand-painted, zebra-fish spindle is available I may be interested in purchasing it"...wah!? Am I crazy? I told myself that I was just interested in having it to go in my collection of sewing and knitting tools...huh!? You know I don't have room for one-more-thing-to-do! Why would you let me get sucked into the spinning vortex?

And to make it even worse...WonderWhyGal almost had me talked into buying an alpaca on my way out the door. jeez
Maybe it was just a dream...

If not, I'm blaming the ChickenLady!...in her Strawberry Shortcake jammies...What a great time it was! Thanks Kim, for inviting me to meet your friends.

8 comments:

Rena said...

Looks like tons of fun was had by all. P.S. Mother, no more hobbies lady!!! Haha just being your devils advocate :) Love Kims, strawberry shortcake jammas!!

WonderWhyGal said...

That's the fun part about ZPDK! We love to encourage each other and have fun. I'm so glad that you came and we hope to see you at more gatherings.

As for the Alpacas...well, my farm does offer agisting :-)

Holly Bee said...

Holy alpaca! Best time ever! I'm hardly a spinner and somehow I always end up volunteering at the wonder why alpaca farm and wanting to bring home an alpaca I my very own... what I'm trying to say is...I understand!

Kim said...

Glad you came. It was a blast. I got mezmerized a couple times by the spinners. I have two spindles and now own a wheel so we can start this hobby together! wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Karel said...

Our hostess wants to do it all over again in just a few weeks -- this time with a cookie exchange thrown into the mix! So you gotta come back.

Great to meet you: Welcome to the wild, wonderful, wacky world of ZPDK!

kwak

Bubblesknits said...

Heehee! Welcome to the dark side, friend.

Nichole said...

What a fun day!

Grace said...

so glad you had such a good time!