Wednesday, November 11, 2009

lace...

OK, I don't know what's happening in my world but the crafty planets seem to be aligning differently of late.

First, I was hypnotized by the siren song of the spinners...thanks to SpinSanity I'll be resisting that venture for at least another month...thanks Spinny!

Now, I cast on size 3 needles and started a Multnomah shawl - doesn't sound like a big deal unless you know that in the past I've had disastrous results on 4 attempts at lace knitting. Anyway, I frogged my first attempt at the shawl this morning - I didn't like how the STR medium weight looked or felt. Then I cast on with some 100PureWool laceweight that I've had in the stash for a long time and it is amazing! I love how it looks and feels. Who'd have guessed?

Everybody have a great Friday the 13th tomorrow!
Max says hey!

4 comments:

Nerdy Knitter said...

oooohh Friday the 13th your favorite. look forward to the pottery show tomorrow :)

Grace said...

pretty colors you are knitting there!

Nichole said...

That's going to be a pretty shawl! I've cast on a couple lace shawls... they're in project bags somewhere around here... lol

Hi Max!

Channon said...

Isn't it interesting how some patterns and yarns just don't work together and others seem to be made for each other?