Sunday, November 1, 2009

November...already?!

El Dia de los Muertos: To those who celebrate today and tomorrow - peace to your ancestors.
Chez B managed to avoid the Halloweenies last night by leaving the porch light off. I wonder what the Scrooge equivalent is for this holiday? Anybody know? I'll certainly claim the title. I was just not feelin it yesterday. Cold & windy weather, swine flu all over town and rude Halloweeners last year just put me off of it. I did see some interesting costumes out and about during the day yesterday though and that was fun.

I have the back of Boomer's new sweater almost complete. The skull accent is done and the rest is just straight stockinette. About 4 inches and I'll be on to the chest piece then picking up stitches for the neck and back edge and the two little leg edges. I'm hoping some wet blocking will even out the two-color stitching. I added a few rows to The Saint's Big-Ass Sweater yesterday and as soon as the skull sweater is done for the dog I'll be rockin The Sweater! If I don't get distracted by Multnomah when my new Knit Picks needle gets here, hehehe.It was a great Halloween day for me though...breakfast with my family at Marie Catrib's, a stop at Fulton Street Farmer's Market and then hours of knitting at City Knitting with the old crowd from last winter. Last night I hung out with Boomer, Max & Sam in the craft room while The Saint watched NCIS and the ball game on tv.

Boomer tried to help me on the computer for awhile but he is definitely limited by his lack of opposable thumbs and his need to cheese for the camera.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

clarabelle said...

Can't wait to see Boomer modelling his new haute couture - I'm sure he'll be doing a lot more 'cheesing'!

I like your hair, btw...

Bubblesknits said...

We had a great Halloween here. Although, we were a bit surprised at how crowded our neighborhood was this year. Boy-child's costume got lots of comments (he was Luigi from Mario Bros.). :-)

Give Boomer a hug for me. :-)

KnittingReader said...

Very impressive sweater for Boomer! I hate intarsia, as gorgeous as the final results are.

Channon said...

We're just the folks with the long drive who aren't home on Halloween night. The kids don't seem to hate us or anything...

I can't WAIT to see Boomer in his new sweater! Gretchen is really going to demand her stranded sweater when she sees that.

Nichole said...

I can't believe its Nov already... where has 2009 gone??