Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bunch a turkeys!

On our way home from breakfast this morning we saw this bunch crossing the street

 in the middle of the city!

Looked to be 1 Tom turkey and a bunch of hens.  So, being a blogger, you know I had to jump in my car and go back to take pictures, LOL  Only problem was I had my camera on a setting for close-up pics of knitting so the best shots of the Tom strutting with his tail unfurled were completely out of focus dangit!  It was early and the neighborhood was still pretty much asleep so hopefully no one saw the crazy lady in the bright green coat running around taking pictures.

Last night The Saint had his customary popcorn w/basketball and all the dogs were on-point for every-single-kernel...
 I don't think you could have run them off with a stick.  please ignore all the crap in this photo...

I'm off to hang with my old City Knitting peeps this morning.  Haven't seen them in quite awhile.  It'll be nice to catch up on all the latest news.  Then this afternoon I'm off to pick up a sewing machine that someone is giving away, yeah, for free.  If it's in the cabinet I think it's in and that cabinet is in any kind of decent shape it'll be awesome.  I'll post some pics soon so you can all check it out.

On Thursday The Saint and I picked up a Singer 15-91 in a cute cabinet.  Needs some work but I'm hoping to get it in shape and move it into the house soon.  Here's a coupla pic from the garage...

and there's a cute little bench that fits in that space there, eep!

Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

A good friend has a farm with several turkeys. I took the kids to visit a couple weeks ago and they got to feed the animals and watch the tom strut around all fluffed out. :) They put on quite a show for their ladies, don't they?

Nerdy Knitter said...

gobble gobble turkey turkey. that is hilarious they were out roaming the city :)

Margaret said...

I'd be running after those turkeys too! How funny!

Love the shot of the pug focusing on that popcorn.

I have my grandmother's singer circa 1914 complete with instruction booklet in the drawer. Yours is so neat with the bench and all.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back..

Nichole said...

Haven't seen the turkeys at work lately (the 2 legged ones that is)...