Thursday, March 18, 2010

Would YOU go back...

and fix this hole in this cable?  See it there in the middle of the photo?  GAH!!!!!  How did I not see that sooner?  I'd have to go back 12 rows to fix it...12 rows times 400+ stitches.  I'm thinking it's gonna stay there.  Cameron isn't going to notice a hole in one of his cables, is he?  I think not!  I couldn't believe it when I noticed it last night.  What the hell was I doing that I would make a hole in the middle of a cable like that?  I did a k2tog, ssk right in the middle of the freakin cable!  Must have been watching NCIS and not paying attention again.  sigh

On a more positive note...the weather here was beautiful again today.  The dogs were enjoying some fresh air so and I decided it would be a good time to snap a few new photos of the little critters.
 Max is looking like a lion...time for a trip to the groomer.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

KnittingReader said...

ARGH! I hate when that happens. As you said, I'd be tempted to let it go. Isn't it for him to carry and love and get sick on?

WonderWhyGal said...

I wouldn't fix it. Of course I was taught to knit by Holly who says just roll with it ;-) I think the knitting is gorgeous and no one is going to even notice it...unless you point it out. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Channon said...

I would fix the hole... as best as a knot on the other side, pulling it closed can do. Since I'm working the same pattern (Serenity, right?), I can't imagine frogging would do less damage than one little hole...

LOVE the doggy photos. They're all so adorable!

Nichole said...

Frog back? Hell no! You can probably tweak a little fix with an extra piece of yarn and a darning needle after you're done! :)

GREAT pics of the kids!!!!!!

clarabelle said...

Ooh, what a lovely blanket! I must say that, if it were uber-perfectionist me doing the knitting then I would frog back; but the rest of the knitting world (who are sane) would tweak it closed from the wrong side and who would know!

Those doggies are so gorgeous, and so also is your beautiful Golden Lady. I actually have this pattern lined up as my next shawl-on-the-needles. Take care, X.

Mujercita said...

I would definitely just use a scrap of yarn to close it up and tie a knot on the other side- cables aren't normally meant to be double-sided anyway, so who's going to see?

a friend to knit with said...

i used to frog back ALL of the time.
but lately, i (try) to let a little mistake every now and then stay... part of the hand knit charm, eh? that is what i (try) to tell myself. :)
i like the idea of trying to fix it from the back.

Grace said...

what Channon and Nichole said, a quick little stitch and you are golden! It sure is pretty

Anonymous said...

Just drop the one stitch down and use a crochet hook to pick it back up. Then move the yarn to the other stiches to tighten up the hole. I love your cancer quilt.