Wednesday, March 24, 2010

FO let-down

Does this ever happen to you...
...you get an idea, sketch it up, work like crazy for several days to get it done, hand off the FO to the intended recipient (happy dance and a few tears) then for a couple of days afterward you feel wiped out?  Yeah, me too. 

Or maybe it's just the new IC meds I'm taking...I prefer to think it's just the FO let-down...sounds way better doesn't it?  Way better than, so, I'm taking another couple of drugs every day and they're making me feel like crap...when they're supposed to be making me feel better. It sucks getting older.

So, here is my finished project, for a special friend who has a bad thing staring her in the face.
Making this piece made me feel better, like I was actually doing something for her.  Even though, in reality, I can do nothing. 
 
Rena, life really isn't fair...is it?

LittleDog says hey!

Go create something nice for someone you know who could use a hug.  They'll appreciate it.

Have a great day!

13 comments:

Kristyn said...

Love the quilt!

Rena said...

You said it momma, Life isn't fair and here's another example. The blankie for Parker looks great. I hope your dental hygienist didn't kill you today. Hope you feel better soon!!!!

LesleyD said...

I absolutely love it Ally!! The Quilt is amazing!!! Great job and yes, I get the same thing once I've completed a big project too. Go get a pedicure or manicure and cure yourself through pampering. :-)

WonderWhyGal said...

You are amazing! That quilt says it all...beautifully.

Channon said...

What a great quilt! I'm sure it provides all kinds of love and support.

Nichole said...

LOVE it... I got my Mom a "cancer sucks" sweatshirt, but damn that would've been so much better!

Boomer is adorable!

Grace said...

This is so much an emotion project of course you feel wiped out, I love your project!!!

Kim said...

The quilt turned out beautiful! Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Feel better soon! Do we need to go eat and laugh?

Hellchick said...

LOL, that is an awesome quilt.

Dutch Hollow Acres said...

Yeah take that cancer! Hope you feel better soon. Great quilt.

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I love that quilt. And you really ARE doing something for your friend.

Allison said...

Wow! I love the sentiment in your quilt. It sure packs a lot of emotion. No wonder you feel low after making it.

Bubblesknits said...

Amen to that quilt. Sending up a prayer for your friend.