Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Busy Bee...

...is what I've been this past week.  I had a wonderful Saturday road trip with Rena.  We drove down to Kalamazoo to see our friend Kim.  We had a fabulous lunch at Zooroona then followed it up with coffee and knitting at the nicest coffee shop I've been in - ever!

I finished two books in the past week...The Help, which I was listening to on my mp3, downloaded from Audible.com and The Long Fall.  Two very good reads.

I got some bad news about a friend last week and spent a couple days trying to figure out something I could do to comfort her.  Finally came up with a good plan and have been working hard to get it done this week.  Now all I need is a batting and I can rock on the finishing.  Trying to decide if I should hand tie it or machine quilt it...any opinions?  Here's a hint at what it looks like...
 ...a tall man is handy to have around the house, LOL.

The dogs have been ecstatic about the nice weather we've had the past few days.  Me too!  And even though I don't like switching to daylight savings time cause my body clock gets messed up I do love the extra daylight after work in the evening.

Hair cut tomorrow night.

Friday night is knitting at Panera with some friends...hopefully I'll make some good progress on Cameron's Blankie.  I only have about 3 1/2 weeks to get it done.  eek!  While I'm there I think I'll stock up on the Cinnamon Crunch bagels, and some hazelnut cream cheese, yummy.

Anybody else enjoying the nice weather?

LittleDog says hey!  Have a great day.
 ETA:  In recognition of National Quilters Day tomorrow I've linked up with Andrea's Blog for Fiber Arts Friday.  Go check out the other folks that are participating and say hey!

6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

There's my boy! I've been wondering where the Boomer pics had gotten off to. :-)

I agree about having a tall man around. I'm the shortest in my family and even with a step stool, I have a hard time getting to things.

Channon said...

We have to borrow a tall man, but at least we have a couple in our circle of friends...

You ARE busy!!!

Karen said...

Sounds like a happy and peaceful time. Love your cute pup!!!

Nichole said...

Wow... you are busy! :) The pic of little dog is adorable...

Rena said...

love the little dog, glad you took him in from his unfit second mom :)

WonderWhyGal said...

Thanks for sharing in Fiber Arts Friday. I can't tell you if machine or hand tying is better. I like the machine because I really use my quilts so there is more durability. I have a quilt my Grandma made me about 25 years ago that was hand tyed...it's been through collage, marriage and kids. I need my Aunt Linda to repair it.

Good luck with the decision. It looks beautiful.