Friday, May 21, 2010

FAF...plants, painting & you can still get in on the prize

Don't forget to leave a message on this post for your chance to win a nice prize!

The yard has become lush and green...

it's time to get some planting done.  The local weather person says we aren't likely to get anymore frost.  Yes, I know the "gate" needs a coat of paint...it's on the list.

Today I'm having another day off work and I have a busy day planned.  Although it is currently raining. At 10 I'll be getting my do whipped hair cut and blown-dry.  Do NOT Google that phrase...it's not pretty, LOL   Stopping into the office (which is only about 6 blocks from the hair place) to pick up some red mucking boots from a co-worker.   Then I'll be ready for the Wonder Shearing on Tuesday.  Never know when you will encounter some Paca poo.  Now if I can just find my overalls.  Sam and LittleDog need a bath so sometime today that will have to be done. I'll be painting a large redwood tub that The Saint wants to grow some peppers in - he doesn't paint. I also want to stop in to check out a new LYS but maybe that won't happen til next weekend.

It's Fiber Arts Friday be sure to check out all the creative peeps that partipate in that Blog Carnival
My offering for the day is my progress on the doggie quilt...

Now to get a piece of fabric for the back and get it quilted.  Hope it's a good likeness but not too good, if you know what I mean.  Don't want it to break her heart.

The extra skein of yarn arrived from Jimmy Bean's Wool  today and looks exactly like the yarn I already had for Mr. Greenjeans.  phew!   Learning a valuable lesson...finally...choose the project first then get the yarn.  Seems like doing it the other way always means you don't have enough yarn.

Thanks so much to all of you who stop in and say hey.  Every one of you is greatly appreciated and it is so nice to hear what you like when you get here.  Have a great weekend!

ahh, smells like roses...doesn't it?!

7 comments:

Nichole said...

I'm LOL at that last pic! :) The quilt looks fantastic... I wish I could do that! I'd love to have my dogs done... Zeus at least... not that I play "favorites," he's just oldest, lol
Enjoy your day!!!

Channon said...

Wow that quilt is stunning! What a work of art.

I need my hair done too. Maybe next week...

Allison said...

Your dog quilt is fantastic!

jessecreations said...

Oh, wow, that quilt is gorgeous! I am in awe of your skills!!!

Jess

WonderWhyGal said...

Your dog quilt is GORGEOUS! You are so talented and I can't wait to see you at the Shearing of Wonder.

Bubblesknits said...

The quilt looks fabulous. What a neat idea, too. :) Is that the one that is your first commissioned piece?

jeannette said...

love the doggie quilt :)