Monday, May 31, 2010

a new red sweater and a contest winner

Congratulations Shannon!  You're the lucky winner of the BSJ in celebration of my 300th post.  PM me and I'll make arrangements to get your prize to you.

Thank you to all of you who left comments on my contest post.  It's always nice to know why folks keep coming back here from time to time.  I appreciate all of you.

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.  I got an amazing amount of work done around home and today, during some horrendous thunderstorms I finished my version of Mr. Greenjeans.


I just need to find some nice buttons and re-do the "weave-in" that ended up right across the left breast.  Gah!  Can't let that stay there.  I'll be fixing that along with steam blocking the ribbing at the bottom.  I'm really please with the end result.  So pleased that I plan to rip out the yellow/green tank that I made last year with the same brand of yarn and use it to make another version of Mr. Greenjeans.

Hope you all have a great week.  Mine promises to be very busy.

LittleDog asked me to tell you all hey!
He was worn out from barking at the thunder today.  He gave a big yawn and headed off to bed a few minutes ago.

Toodle Loo!

5 comments:

Channon said...

Congrats, Shannon!

LOVE that red. Love little dog... Happy little Monday.

Karen said...

Love the sweater. And isn't it good you have a little dog to guard you from the thunder, dear Ally. Looks like the barking worked!

Nichole said...

Congrats to your winner and hello to Little Dog! The sweater looks FABULOUS!!!!!!

Margaret said...

Great sweater! Looks good. Darn, those weave-ins!

Congrats to the winner. Hope there's no more thunder in LittleDog's life this week. There's chaos in my house too when it thunders.

Rena said...

Wow, Mr. Greenjeans looks wonderful. I love little dog :) and congrats to contest winner Shannon!!!!