Friday, May 28, 2010

Skah-weeeeee!

Look what my very good friend Jennifer asked me to tune-up for her!

This is a Singer 221 also know as a Featherweight.  Isn't she cute?! I'm excited to get my hands on one of these even if it is only temporary.  Especially in this pale green.  All that I've seen on the bidding site have been beyond my budgetary constraints.  So I want to say thank you so much Jen.  I'm honored.

So here are some pretty roses for you...

My offering for Fiber Arts Friday is this...

100% pure LittleDog fiber.  He sheds about this much every day whenever I brush him.  I forgot the Zoom Groom on the deck the other day.  Last night we had a torrential downpour.  Today when I went looking for his Zoom Groom I found it with the fiber still on it which had been pounded down into something that looked much like a waffle.  I wonder if this stuff would felt?

It's been hot here this week, the flowers are blooming around the yard.  In addition to the pretty roses we've been enjoying these...
 they're starting to fade a bit now.  By the end of the holiday weekend it will be time to cut the flower stalks off and just enjoy the greenery.  This is the same flower bed that I totally cleaned out two years ago because I had a pest in the Iris roots.  These all came up this year from the small pieces of root that I didn't manage to dig up and throw away.  Isn't Nature amazing?

LittleDog thinks so too, here's his amazed look...
a little skeptical looking, actually, don't you think?

Everyone have a great Memorial Weekend!  Don't forget today is the last day to enter the contest for that nice yarn and the BSJ pattern.

Toodle-loo!

8 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I think that machine is adorable!

I'm not a fan of the dog fiber arts but I would think it would felt...think about how many dogs hair get matted.

hmmm...

Dutch Hollow said...

I know long dog hair will felt but I'm not sure how a shorter stiffer hair would felt. Give it a try, let us know how it goes!

Linda said...

Beautiful machine!

Channon said...

You know I can't appreciate the sewing stuff, but I'm delighted you got to play with a dream machine. I'm melting over Little Dog. Since lots of people spin dog hair, I don't see why it wouldn't felt...

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I've noticed a lot of people collecting their dog's hair lately! We have a lab that sheds pounds of it, but it's so course I can't see it being a very good end product. I've heard Samoyads (sp?) have great spinning fur.

Nichole said...

Dog hair does felt! A friend used some of her dog's to make needle felted dog sculputres...

jessecreations said...

I bet it would totally felt. The expression on your dog's face is absolutely priceless!

Jess

Bubblesknits said...

I know cat hair will felt, but not sure about dog hair. I bet it would, though.

Give Little Dog some smooches for me!