Friday, November 23, 2007

Food & Family & a Beautiful Day

The Saint said goodbye to Mr. Turkey's paleness on a beautiful 2007 Thanksgiving morning...
all those leaves fell in about 2 hours yesterday


40 minutes in the fryer...








en voila! A golden brown tasty turkey!


Best turkey I ever ate!

My little helper, Rena, showed up to help with the last few preparations for the big feast. Thanks, Rena, I couldn't have done it without you. Seriously.

I think we used about every pot in the house by the time we were finished. It's a good thing we had 5 burners and 2 ovens, lol.

And, of course, you can't have a feast without a few of The Saint's favorite beverages...

The meal and the day were both unbeatable. We fed 12 here at Chez B.

Chef Wes (Rena's husband) came by around 6 and picked up his to-go boxes. He was finally finished with his day at work. He started at 4am and cooked 20...yes 20...18 lb turkeys and fixin's to go with 'em for the members at the country club where he is Exec Chef. He looked tired but I'll bet there were 250 or so well fed folks at the club. We're super proud of him and what he does. That man makes the best hummus on the earth!

Hope all of you had just as good a day. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's turkey day stories this weekend.

I've been knitting like crazy but can't post pictures though cause they're gifts for possibly lurking children, he he.

Have a great weekend and be sure to squeeze some knitting in between the shopping trips!

4 comments:

clarabelle said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving photos, AllyB! Your autumn leaves are gorgeous, and The Saint looks jolly impressive too!

I've never seen turkey cooked like that here in the UK! All that boiling oil looks frightening, although I must admit that the finished birdie looks delicious!

Nichole said...

I've still yet to have deep fried turkey... I wanna come to your house!

Christie said...

Fried turkey is the best...that is until you have smoked turkey. Or better yet both! I love my mom!!! :)

JessaLu said...

Looks/sounds like a great day!!