Sunday, November 18, 2007

hats, dogs and yarny thoughts


I found the pattern here. Super quick to knit. I used the same yarn as the twisted cable mitts that I had knit previously using the hand spun yarn from the Farmer's Market. It turned out to be the perfect color for The Saint.

This picture shows the color more accurately...


Today I'll be parked on my favorite knitting chair finishing a baby hat for a co-worker's grandchild. My first baby hat and probably not my last. Found the pattern on Ravelry. Hopefully by the end of the day it will be complete and I'll have something else for show and tell.

The sun is shining brightly today, yay! Gives me a little extra energy. These dreary days really sap your ambition don't they? The Saint is off to get his "mystery meat" to make head cheese. A yearly ritual. Ew. Let me stop a minute and go wash my brain of that image...k, phew, that's better. I heard him on the phone taking orders for the mysterious loaves from family members yesterday. Glad to know it won't all be staying here ;-)

Let's look at some yarn!

I wound these up yesterday while Max was at the groomer doesn't she look lovely?

Oh, sorry, I get sidetracked very easily...back to the yarn...

I think I'll have my own little sock-a-palooza. Simple rib cuff on 2 circs I should be able to do a pair a week and have a nice new sock wardrobe by the end of the year, ROFL, ya, we all know I'll get sidetracked by 15 other projects along the way but it sounds good doesn't it?

I especially love the yarn in the middle...that's a cake of Yarn Love Scarlett O'Hara in Milk Chocolate, mmmm I picked it up at my favorite LYS. On the bottom is the TV Yarn that Amy sent me, hey Amy, for the Coffee Knitters Swap version 1, top of pic is the Claudia Hand Painted I purchased at the Michigan Fiber Fest down in Allegan.

Second pose of yarn... Don't you think they'll all look spiffy in my Mary Janes?
Socks without feet just don't have much photographic appeal :-)

No news about our friend Ron. We have to assume that since we haven't heard anything that his status is the same. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts this past week. Hopefully we'll get some better news soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who are inclined to celebrate the holiday. We're expecting about 11 here for fried turkey and roasted potatoes, mmm-mmm!




5 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the hat, love the yarn...not so wild about the notion of head cheese, but to each his or her own!

Good luck increasing your sock wardrobe! I actually have quite a few more pairs this winter than I did last winter, and it's a great feeling.

canknitian said...

SO glad you enjoyed the hat pattern -- it looks great! Thanks for letting me know!

Nichole said...

Great pics... love the hat and love even more so that your sweetie loves wearing your hand knits!!! SO sweet. You got a good one there!

clarabelle said...

The Saint's hat is brilliant! A great fit and yes, the colour suits him really well.

But I'd better keep that 'meaty' recipe away from my old man - somehow I think it would appeal to him... eeuuuugggghhhhh!

wildflower38 said...

Nice cabled hat!