Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My first (and probably only *sniff*) baby hat...

Ta-da! I made this hat for my business manager's granddaughter. She couldn't find a hat small enough for her so I volunteered to knit one. She took it home today to see how it fit. I hope it will be perfect. Since Rena says she's not having any children I have to live precariously through others, ROFL.

Warning for Cass, cover your eyes and skip this next part...

Are you covering your eyes, yet? Ok, now scroll really fast past this next part and maybe you'll miss the picture of the dreaded meatiness to follow. lol Love you, have a great Thanksgiving. Here's a pretty lava lamp picture for you to enjoy before you get to the meat that I know you don't want to see. Doesn't it sort of look like a tornado? ok, are you scrolling yet? go!















Say hello to my little friend...
yep, thats Mr. Turkey, nervously awaiting the fryer tomorrow morning, mwa-ha-ha-ha, nevermind that bottle of sangria peaking out in the lower left corner. That's for later.

Yep, he's an organically grown, freshly murdelized turkey from one of our local growers, Heritage Acres Farm. He looks like a pretty nice one too. Let's hope he's really tasty. The Saint will be dropping him into the hot peanut oil tomorrow about 12:30 and we'll be feasting by 1:30, mmm-mmm.

And this is my frequently requested, crack-like substance called Pumpkin Apple Spice bread. More like cake you can eat with your hands than bread though. It has 2 1/2 cups of sugar in it and it is topped with brown sugar crumbly stuff! Yikes! And Granny Smith apples and a can of pumpkin. Mmm, it's tasty. You just can't stop with one piece of this stuff. It's very moist and has lots of those seasonings you associate with Thanksgiving and pumpkin pie.



And I'll leave you with this one more interesting photo of The Saint's favorite lamp. He looked up the other night and said, "look, we have our own little tornado"... m'yeah. Whatchu think?



You have to use a little imagination but I could totally see it that night. Maybe you just had to be there, lol.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

5 comments:

Cass said...

Oh man that bread looks FINE.
Happy thanksgiving Ally!!!
xoxo

Linda said...

The bread sounds awesome. Is the recipe shareable?

Is shareable a word?

Happy TDay

Grace Yaskovic said...

hmmmm looks like a great feast was had today, the hat is adorable too!!

Alana - Knit Wit said...

Sounds yummy!! And I love that hat you knit in your previous post. I might have to make one of those for my son. It looks like one he'd enjoy wearing.

JenW!~ said...

Love the hat. U did a good job on it. Bread looks yummy!