Sunday, November 4, 2007

Good-bye Peach Freeze...

Do you remember this little sweety? (click photos to biggie-size)

She's leaving tomorrow for a new home. I'm not sad. A co-worker visiting my home one evening saw it lying on the table and wanted to try it on.
It looked great on her and she said she would pay for the yarn and buy me a nice bottle of wine in exchange.
How could I pass up an offer like that?!

So I'll have some yarn money and she'll have a really cute Peach Freeze...doesn't get any better than that!

Well my friends, it's Sunday night and if you're a Food Network junkie like me, you know that means it's time for The Next Iron Chef competition. It's down to 2. And the one I picked from the beginning is one of them. I believe it's gonna be John Besh. He just has it all together in my opinion. This may not be a big deal to most of you but in my food and wine oriented world it's a pretty fascinating competition. If Food Network was the only channel my tv could get, it would be fine with me. lol The Saint may be a bit miffed, he'd have to watch all of his sports in the "boat barn", he he.

I've gotten a couple more stripes added to my ASJ and I'm pretty motivated to finish it since The Saint wants a new sweater before Spring, lol. I'll have to take out a bank loan to buy the yarn, ha ha! 2,320 yds of dk weight yarn. I would have liked to use Alpaca so he could feel the fabulousness of it but I just can't make that kind of investment for my first man-sweater :-)

I'll be making the Jersey Shore Weekender designed by Chris de Longpre with this yarn. It's a cotton/acrylic blend, the yarn that the pattern model was made with, but in a different color. A new adventure for the cold winter months.

This time change is kickin my butt. The dogs are all messed up too. I guess I better head for beddy-bye.

Everybody have a great week.

Oh, and Cass is having a contest to celebrate her 333rd post. Go check it out and tell her I sent you. There will be prizes!

1 comment:

Gnat said...

That tank is really cute. Thanks for the compliments on the new look. I'm still working on it. :) I love football. My dad was a coach so I didn't really have a choice. :) Not a big Basketball fan because I just can't play. I do enjoy some College Basketball though. For some reason it's just different. :) Have a great night!! I'm off to watch the Steelers on Monday night!!