Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary Tammy & Jared

Six years ago today my son and his wife took the big leap at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas...
all photos biggy-size if you click on them
pretty spiffy, don't you think?

I'm sorry that we missed being there in person. The practical side of me decided it would be better to give them cash for the down payment on their house than to take a trip to Vegas....why do I have to be so practical sometimes?

Greetings knitting friends...excuse me while I'm distracted for a bit from my knitting projects by this...picture #5 is the cutest crochet dress for summer.

It caught my attention last Saturday when I was hangin out at my fav LYS. I let it stew for a whole week trying to resist and yesterday I couldn't fight it any longer. I had some Lion Brand Microspun hanging around and thought I'd give it a go. I bought the book and spent a few minutes last night working on my gauge...fiddled around a bit...and this morning I got it figured out and got the right # of stitches chained and now I'm off!


Not sure why crochet projects grab me every so often, remember this?, but the simple action of the hook going in and out and around this slippery, shiny yarn is mesmerizing. Even The Saint was entranced watching my hands last night. I guess it's the steady rhythm of it and I am a much smoother crocheter than knitter. Could be all the extra years of experience with crochet. I have always had a strong emotional connection with the crochet, can't explain it and won't even try to figure it out. I'm just gonna ride the wave while it lasts and hope I can get a super cute summer dress out of it.

As for the knitting, I finished 1 of my Killer Biller Socks...

Scout's Swag Kill Bill hand dyed Cat Bordhi's Simple Sock from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles, size 1 Knit Picks circs..cool huh?

I've got the second one cast on and hope to get it done yet this week during my mental preparation time before work in the morning. What? Doesn't everybody have mental preparation time in the morning? I get to the office 45 minutes early, sit in one of my comfy wicker chairs and knit til time to start working. Sounds heavenly doesn't it? You should all try it this week. Unless, of course, you don't have a comfy wicker chair in your office, hahaha, oh sorry, was that just a little too snotty? Well, the sun is shining and I'm feeling a bit peppier than usual today.

Let's go do some crochet...it's still too cold here in West Michigan (28 degrees, brrrr) to play outside.

Hey to all the peeps who've stopped and said hey this past few weeks. You're the best!

The list is growing and I'm sure I'll miss someone but here's a sample, go check out their blogs...Nichole, Purl, Clarabelle, Gnat, Wildflower, Cass, Grace, Birdsong & Rachel

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oooo, what a gorgeous dress!

Christne said...

That is a very nice dress! I wish spring would come soon.

clarabelle said...

Fantastic photos, Ally! I think your son is very much like you...

Crochet has never particularly appealed to me, but it's maybe more that I've never properly been taught it. I may still learn though - never say never..

Your Kill Bills are great!

Nichole said...

Thanks for the shout out! The Killer Bill looks great!

Rena said...

I love the Kill bill sock. they are great!!! sunshine yheeeehaaaa

Grace Yaskovic said...

sending best wishes to the anniversary couple.. the crochet dress should be a lot of fun!