Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ode to my LYS

How I love thee, City Knitting...

You're a hive of activity on Saturdays,you stock lots of yarn and provide comfy seats to entice me,

you've attracted lots of knitting friends for me to hang with, hey to Carol, Roselyn, Maureen, Brandon and Christine...just to name a few...











You inspire me...

Yesterday within your yarny walls I actually progressed on my Scout J Kill Bill sock

and The Saint's Bigg A$$ Sweater in Berroco Ultra Alpaca.
This shot is of the back half with the bottom rib. I think it gives a good representation of the color and the texture of the fabric. It's super soft and slippery-like. mmm-mmm


Thanks Lorilee, Jessica, Darlene, Kathy, Ruth and Kim for working so hard to give us all such a great place to hang out and be inspired!

I actually took a Saturday lunch break with Carol and Christine. Which I don't normally do since I want to make good knitterly use of every hour possible on Saturdays, lol We walked around the corner to Szechuan Garden for some great Hot & Sour soup and an egg roll.

Brandon was doing a great job of promoting the book 50 Baby Booties To Knit, here are the ones he's finished already and he was working on the duck feet yesterday. Too cute! And they're all for their little one that's on the way. Congratulations Brandon and Maureen! We couldn't be more excited. We all better get started on those baby gifts huh?




















I'm sorry that Rena had to work. She missed a fun day but I know there'll be lots more.

Love you Rena! Everybody says hey!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks heavenly!!! I don't have a LYS. I am however going to a friend house this afternoon to see her new house and we are going to knit some!!
Have a great day!
Ellen

Gnat said...

The yarn store looks like so much fun!! I hope you had a great weekend!!

Nichole said...

Looks like you have lots of fun on Saturdays! Great LYS!

clarabelle said...

Omigosh, all that yarn! All those smiley-knitty people! All those comfy chairs! You lucky lady...

I love the look of The Saint's jumper, btw, and the Kill Bill socks are wonderful (I loved Uma Thurman in the films!).

wildflower38 said...

Great LYS! Love your socks!

Bubblesknits said...

What a great LYS! That looks amazing!