Saturday, August 22, 2009

All Knitting All The Time

I can take a little pain but I can't take not knitting a-n-y-m-o-r-e!!!

Thanks for coming by for a minute or two, hope you find something interesting.

I finished the Spring Forward socks that I was knitting in the Panopticon yarn that Rena brought me from Loopy Yarns in Chicago...I love how they fit and the toe looks so neat and tidy


The Spring Forward lace pattern is so easy to memorize.


It also helped me make both socks exactly the same length.
(that's a first! LOL)








As soon as these were done I cast on two - yes, TWO, new socks.
One for me, in Yarn Love - Belgian Chocolat.

When finished they'll be the Cookie A's Summer Sox that I'm doing for a KAL on Ravelry.

and one for a niece in Panda Soy This will be a pair of Coquette from the book 2-At-A-Time Socks
click on the pics to make em bigger

First of two pair of Coquette, the other will be in the pink/green Panda Soy for another niece. This yarn can be a challenge...splitty and frustrating...but the way it slides through your fingers and the soft and springy feel of the fabric it creates is worth the aggravation. It's a bit difficult for me to k3tog...I'm learning that if I would just knit a bit looser it would be less difficult, uh, right.


Looks like I'm on a brown kick? Totally a coincidence that I would be working with two different yarns in a similar color. really

And while I've been knitting Boomer and Sam have been mixing it up...

5 comments:

Grace said...

i am using that same Franklin Yarn tonight on my lace sampler scarf which is also his inspiration. Love all your socks I wear a size 11 shoe===just kidding

Nichole said...

Great socks... and great doggy shot!

Rena said...

Love your new socks, how in the world did you get those great pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so talented :) Sorry for your lack of sleep this weekend!!

Bubblesknits said...

Love the new socks! Looks like Boomer is having a good time, too. :-)

Chandra the Crazed Quilter said...

Gorgeous socks! I understand the frustration factor when the ol' bod won't let you do stuff you normally do.