Saturday, August 1, 2009

shoppin the stash

when you have the urge to buy yarn and your LYS is closed for a week (cause your stellar LYS owner is teaching classes at Sock Summit!!!) what do you do?

I decided I'd better shop my stash!

Especially since I've been trying to knit down said stash anyway...and no smarty pants comments from you, Rena and Kim!

I want to start the Mermaids Lagoon socks from Knitty.com, they are made of heavier sock yarn than I've been using of late...

I've narrowed it down to these options...

Miss Babs in the Cleopatra colorway

Blue Moon Fibers - STR - Walking on the Wild Tide

Yarn Love - Scarlett O'Hara - Milk Chocolate

Jitterbug - Gauguin

Interlacements - Tiny Toes - Color #202

Yarn Hollow - Panda Wool Supreme - Plum Tree


I'll let you know what I choose in a day or two...or maybe tomorrow, LOL Depends on how long I can resist the urge to cast on another sock before I've finished the second Spring Forward, hehehe.

It's Canadian Fishing Week at our house so I can knit til I drop - since I have no large home improvement projects to get done while The Saint is away - and there's nobody here to stop me but the dogs, bwa-ha-ha-ha! But now, I'm dashing off to get some greasy fast food...shhh, don't tell my waistline!

4 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love the jitterbug:)Hugs Darcy

Shine said...

!!! interlacements! I vote for the interlacements!

Grace said...

the socks are gorgeous, I love the Tiny Toes its adorable

Nichole said...

Isn't shopping the stash fun? I know it is for me because I always find stuff I not only don't remember having, but can't remember buying! ha ha ha