Wednesday, August 12, 2009

easing back to the needles

Some pretty flowers for you...thank you for stopping by today. I really appreciate you being here and being part of my world.

I've been dabbling in the knitting a little the past couple days...it feels sooo good! A co-worker and his wife are expecting a baby boy the middle of September (I'm pulling for the 13th, hehehe). I ran across a pattern on Ravelry for some Chuck's and had to make them.

click on photo to biggie size it

Aren't they adorable! I've been running across all kinds of knitted baby stuff lately. So, in turn, I'm keeping my eye out for people I know who are gonna have a baby in the near future. Sometimes you just have to knit some small stuff. It's so cuuute!

I've been treasure hunting. I picked up a torso yesterday - new, still in the box...it'll be a nice addition to the sewing room. After some adjustment, she'll be the same size as me! Handy for modeling sweaters or scarves.

I seem to be on a roll finding 1960s Singer 237s. Today I found one on CraigsList for $5. You know I had to grab it! The Saint even cruised over and picked it up for me since he was already out and about.

Oo, let me go snap a photo...I'll be right beck...(think Young Frankenstein, LOL)

Here she is...maybe I'll call her Sophie, or Soph for short...she's beautiful, good cord, original foot pedal and original motor. Her case is a bit stinky but maybe a bit of spray or charcoal will help...

certainly worth a try to keep the original case with her. I'm only sad that I didn't find this one before I found Paige, (the first one)...I could have saved a few bucks! Eh, whatever.

The Saint's been gone a few days to delegate meetings/golfing and he brought me a souvenir...

a huge AFLAC duck! If you squeeze it's wing it sounds like that duck on tv...can anybody say CraigsList, LOL It is way too big to be hangin around here!

Thanks to all of you for your concern and good thoughts for my arm. Laying off the knitting a few days seems to have helped.

Boomer says hey and he'd love for all of you to come give him pets and squeezes. And Max and Sam say don't forget about them...

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Shine said...

I'm glad your are feeling better.

Nichole said...

Sophie thinks Soph is quite lovely...

KnittingReader said...

I'm so glad that your arm is better. Keep taking care of yourself!

I'm with you on the baby stuff. I re-connected with my high school best friend. She has a 1-year-old, and I've had fun planning lots of knitted gifts for her. Scratches for all of the puppies!

Grace said...

So happy to hear your arm is doing better!!! Its nice to reconnect with the knitting needles isn't it?

Bubblesknits said...

Glad to hear your arm is doing better. What a great buy on the sewing machine!

Linda said...

Glad the arm is better. I've been dealing with elbow tendonitis off and on for...about 9 years and it sucks. Sometimes you just have to lay off.

clarabelle said...

Hi Ally, hope your arm is feeling better, girl! Sorry I've missed quite a few of your posts.

Oddly enough, I've had a really strange shoulder/clavicle pain over the past week that seems to radiate up to my jaw. My usual approach to anything like this is: just ignore it and hope it goes away... As an ex-university national health policy researcher, probably not the best policy!