Friday, October 19, 2007

FIADE Topic of the Week

Now that it is getting cooler here, it makes me think of apple picking and hay rides. Are you the type that likes to go to participate in all the fall festivities like apple picking, pumpkins, decorating for the fall, hay rides, baking fall goodies, etc. or do you just sit and count the days till Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah?

As I've gotten older, and hopefully wiser, I consider every day important. It's fun to see all the holiday decorations that others put up but I am not a holiday decorator myself. I enjoy the cider and especially the apple cider donuts that are available this time of year. Last weekend when The Saint and I were in Traverse City I even splurged and had a Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. It was a little weird, like liquid pumpkin pie in a cup. lol

Maybe tomorrow I'll buy some apples at the Farmer's Market to bake an apple dessert. Although, this is the weekend that Rena's moving so we'll be a bit busy for the next few days. Thankfully apples keep a while til you get ready to use them.

Halloween doesn't have the same appeal now that my children are grown. I used to knock myself out making costumes for them and it was loads of fun. Guess that's just the progression of life.

Have a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Oh, Starbucks' hot caramel apple cider is THE best!!! I"m not huge on their coffee, I usually go to Dunkin Donuts or other local coffee shops... unless I'm at Barnes & Noble, then its Starbucks!