Wednesday, October 3, 2007

FIADE - TOW #4

Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy?

Yep, lots of them! My very favorite is a Honey Crisp apple. Every Saturday Rena and I stop at the farmer's market and pick some up.

The go-to soup for The Saint and I is a recipe I found in this Rachel Ray cookbook, page 109, called Chorizo-Chicken Stoup. Sorry but since I don't think I should put it here without permission and I think Rach has a bit too much going on to be giving me permission to dupe her recipe on my blog, lol. (maybe if you send me an email I could get it to you that way...shhh)

A big hit with the entire family is Apple Spice Pumpkin Bread that I found in a book called Eating for IBS. It's yummy and good for you too! A nice moist bread with a crumbly brown sugar topping, mmmm-mmmm!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also look forward to this time of year for the honeycrisp apples. I just bought some a couple of days ago. They are so good!

Your secret pal

wildflower38 said...

I knew you'd have some great recipes. I'll be emailing you.

Grace Yaskovic said...

I love the Honeycrisp apples, we first found them last year, and they are so good

Purl said...

Both of those recipes sound delicious (hint)! I must get some honey crisp apples. We don't have fall here--it's still in the 90s!--so I wasn't thinking about apple season.