Sunday, October 21, 2007

Phew! What a week!

Remember this from a couple of weeks ago? It's growing...

Hey all! It has been super hectic around Chez B this past week. There's been way too much work at work and a bit o' extra work away from work too.

It's budget time at the job so I have a bit extra on my desk as our business manager is busy with the budgeting process so I get to do all the things she doesn't like to do in the first place. meh And being the OCD, superly routine oriented person that I am, this is killing my work days! It has certainly messed up my flow!

Our daughter, Rena and son-in-law, Chef Wes, are moving to their new home and we have been helping them a bit with moving and painting. Well, The Saint helped with the moving yesterday and I've been helping with the painting the past couple of days. I am no longer in shape to be working late, up and down a ladder and painting things that are above eye level. lol I need to get some more regular exercise!

I am so not complaining about helping out, so Rena don't be getting all apologetic! I'm just sayin...I'm 51 and don't usually climb ladders and spend countless minutes with my arm above my head...I'll certainly be glad for my head to hit the pillow tonight! Knitting is way easier but it really doesn't promote good physical condition! lol

I'm so happy for them to have their own place. No more noisy, pot smoking/selling, multi-children-bearing neighbors with scooters and wading pools and dogs that they don't clean up after...let's just say it's been a long couple of years over there at the four-plex. It's been super handy to have them right down the street but I can certainly understand why they want to get the hell out of there. It is so nice and quiet at their new place and Winston won't have to be tormented by the little children that aren't taught proper manners. ahem And, I can rearrange my living room so my chair isn't in front of the picture window where I can see down the street to Rena's house. I just won't be carin' what goes on down there anymore after she's gone. So I'm sad and happy at the same time. Isn't if funny how so many things in life are that way? I'll miss her but I will be so glad for her to have some peace and quiet.

Well, there hasn't been too much time this week for knitting but I have actually accomplished quite a bit in the short time I had to devote to the projects that I currently have on my needles.

Here's the EZ Adult Surprise...and my latest Ballband Dishcloth

...the EZ has taken on a life of it's own. Every time I get near a yarn shop I pick up a new color or two of Cascade 220. I decided that the stipes as they started out were too simple so I've added a few transitional colors to the mix. Yesterday while Rena and I were at City Knitting I picked up a heathered green and a heathered blue. They'll get mixed in between the blue, black and green stripes you see here. I'll probably have enough yarn left over to make a whole other sweater when I'm done, hee hee. I feel a couple of felted projects coming this winter with the leftovers.

Well, you all have a great week. Enjoy the fall colors and the weird weather. I believe it was almost 80 degrees here in West Michigan today. It's October! Hey weather man...it's supposed to be sweater weather now! I've gotten all my wool socks out, I'd like to be wearing them instead of my flip flops!

Hope all my friends down in Georgia get some much needed rain. I'm very sad to see how low Lake Lanier is now and can only imagine what Lake Alatoona must look like. I remember many holidays in the park near Alatoona, with KFC and cold Pepsi...uh, I was never really a Coke fan. Maybe that's why I don't live in Atlanta anymore, lol. Let's all do a little rain dance for them.

Hey to my secret FIAD swap partner...you'll know in a couple of days who you are...I sent my package on Thursday.

Toodles!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Do me a favor and keep that 80 degree weather over there in Michigan--it's going to be 50 here today, and that's just perfect for me!

Nichole said...

Sounds like your dear daughter needs to send Mom for a SPA day! :)

Grace Yaskovic said...

I figured it out just this afternoon, something clicked when I read your blog around 4 and Tom came in with the package tonight I LOVE it, Ally Thank you so much, can't wait to try the yarn, love that I get to keep a ballband, since mine are for swaps, and Tom grabbed the Milk Chocolate, the Dark is all mine. The pattern is intriguing and the notepad and stitch markers perfect for the season. You did a wonderful wonderful job and I couldn't be happier with my loot!!! LUCKY=13 reunited in FIA Yippee!!!

Rachel said...

oohhh---I like that color combination of the dishcloth! I made a few of those last week (first dishcloth ever if you can believe that) and after seeing your colors, i made the decision to think outside the box... for my next one, i'm going to use an actual color for my solid part (you know, instead of the safe white or cream)!

clarabelle said...

Love the surprise jacket! It's such fun to play with colours, don't you think (well, I think so anyway!).

And I might just get into knitting dishcloths, after seeing yours, Ally B. You've started me on a roll.....

Jenny said...

Hi! The sock pattern was "Inspired by Breeze" in a knitty issue from last season (I think).... I loved the heel of it but the 'ladder' pattern looked somewhat like slugs, so I just did the pattern on the heel then used some of the cables from the heel, well a cable flanked by two columns of seed stitch on each side... not really a pattern, but then again, aren't all patterns a mismatch of something already out there :) I too love comment hopping...truly web surfing :) I am also in the coffee swap this time! Nice "meeting" you

Jenny said...

Hmmm , and I did the dishragtag !

I'm adding you to my sidebar! Looks like we have a lot in common :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been very busy! I will be sending your package out in a couple of days!

Your secret pal

Birdsong said...

Well, I have been able to wear wool socks several times in the past three weeks, so a return to flip flops before next May would be fun, but you will also be wanting to wear that Adult Surprise soon... actually, I have been very thankful for the rains, especially so that we don't face the kinds of troubles that Atlanta and San Diego are having; either is bad. I love the colors of the ASJ!

JenW!~ said...

Love the EZ. All the colors are so pretty.