Wednesday, October 24, 2007

needing a little help...

Max and Sam here to say hey to everyone on this lovely Wednesday morning. We're sending out good thoughts to all our friends in dry-as-the-desert Georgia and the fire-stricken Southern California. Hope you're all safe and sound and feeling peace in your hearts this day.


We also have a question for our friends that know more about this blogging thing than AllyB does (which is not a difficult thing to do, ROFL).
O-k, O-k, here's our question...
How is it that people who's blogs she's commented on can reply directly to her comment?


She hasn't figured out how to do it in on her own blog.


This is slightly distressing to her as she's not always able to find the email address of the commentor by her usual private detective-type means. lol


Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks and have a great day! woofs and licks all around

11 comments:

Cass said...

Well, if someone leaves their email, you can respond to them. Otherwise you're SOL. You can always comment back to them in your own comments, and your readers will learn over time that you do this and will check back to the comments for your replies. It's a pain when you use Blogger, one of the drawbacks. Other blogging sites make it easy for you to respond back in email to your comments.

HTH!
:)

Amy said...

I'm not sure how Blogspot works, but on Typepad, I have the option to have comments emailed to me. Then I can email back.

Nichole said...

If you log in wiht your email address on blogger, it'll show the comment coming from your email to the person you're sending it to.

JessaLu said...

As far as I know, Blogger doesn't allow you to have the option of receiving your comments via email with the commenter's address in the 'from' box so you can reply to them. Some people install the Haloscan addon but if you aren't computer savvy you might want to think about moving to another free blog service that has the email option - like Wordpress.

Good luck!

Linda said...

I use typepad, but run it on a server at my office. It also emails me when I get a comment.

Rena said...

I don't know :( Rena can't help you out of this jam sorry lady. Max and Sam look so sweet in that picture. Thanks for all your hard work helping us get the house ready to move in. I can't wait until we are settled. Thanks your the best sorry I don't have and answer about your question.

wildflower38 said...

I found this on blogging basics 101..... see if helps you

http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/101/2007/02/i_use_typepad_a.html

wildflower38 said...

I just left a comment and there's a box for me to check to have followup commets sent to my email address..... maybe it's something new on blogger

Anonymous said...

You could see if Haloscan will work for you. http://www.haloscan.com/

Your secret pal

Birdsong said...

Did the advice you got so far help? This was the main reason I switched from Blogger to Typepad last year, but I had thought the new version of Blogger (introduced about 6 months ago?) had fixed that.

Channon said...

I'm going to try checking the follow-up email box and see if that works. (Or is that what you did on my blog??)