Sunday, June 17, 2007

$497.33 + tax!

Wow, that's what I would have spent if it weren't for the sale...phew! Just for grins I added up all that yarn I was able to fit in that tall kitchen can bag and that's what it came to. Now I don't feel so bad about the $73. I spent some time yesterday filing receipts and re-organizing my yarn stash. Ahhh, I love to be organized...it still looks like a lot of orange though doesn't it?








Also did some clean up around the yard. Even though it was blazing hot it was nice to get out and be in the sun for a bit. Sadly I found that the irises (all 50 feet of them) have been infested with iris borers. Have to cut them down and dig them up, do an inspection to see if there are any that I can save and start all over. Drat! I'm thinking some weed barrier and some river rocks would look nice and clean and be way less work than all those irises anyway. This is what they looked like last spring... *sigh*, sniffle...

Good news: 1 Fast Florida Footie is done! See...

Isn't it cute? Fits perfectly...got the second one cast on last night so I'm on my way to a pair! That stretchy Cascade Fixation is amazing and I'm working them on 2 Knit Picks circs so it's super fast.


Happy Father's Day to The Saint and all you other Fathers out there! We'll be burning some meat on the grill today along with corn-on-the-cob and Martha Stewart's strawberry shortcake.



Maybe an assortment of children will show up at some point. And a fun time will be had by all...

3 comments:

laurie said...

Noooo! Don't replace loveliness with plain old rocks! The horror! Yes, the bulbs need to be dug up and inspected. However, replace them with a VARIETY of various bulbs and perennials, maybe a few evergreens that stay small (ground-cover types). Variety is the key because insects/diseases of one type will not totally destroy your showcase. Don't give up on nature and beauty and color and texture.

emicat said...

Hello and thanks for commenting on my blog :) The yarn I'm using is the Trekking XXL yarn (I think it's colour 126). Love how your footie turned out - that's what I want to knit next - something I can wear while knitting and lounging around at home :)

Cass said...

YAY I love that pattern and have enough fixation to make a pair for my mom!! WOOT! Thanks for the tip! They look great!