Saturday, June 9, 2007

Let's Go Fishing!

It was a beautiful sunny morning heading out of Muskegon...

The Saint got the gear all rigged up...


We almost got run over by the Lake Express...twice!!

Guess who was driving...


There's just nothing better than a day on the water, even if it is 48 degrees when we cast off! By the time we headed back home it was a blazing 70! I actually got to take my jacket off while we put the boat back on the trailer to head home.

# of fish caught - 0, Sunburned noses - 1 , Hours of fun - 8, = A successful trip!

I did some knitting on the way out to Muskegon which is about an hour's ride from home. I have the heel flap done for my first Fast Florida Footie designed by LynnH
I'm working it in Cascade Fixation. The colors are lime and peach variations. It is going pretty quickly. You know I'll post a pic when they're done.

And yesterday we got this in the mail...

Thanks to Stan in Paris, Tx. This is sweet! Yep, we're gonna be winding yarn this week. After that big haul from the LYS that was closing we have to get busy. Then we'll have to find a place to hide, er, store, ya, store all that stuff. I told Rena she could stash some of hers here so she wouldn't get in trouble with Chef but I think she has it handled ok over there. LOL

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for checkin in. Toodles!

1 comment:

Zanne said...

Woohoo! Looks like you had a blast on the lake. I'm hoping to actually get to Lake Michigan this summer - baby's 16months old now, so easier to take 'em all out this year. :) Nice to hear from more "local" knitters! I know NONE in Sparta, so knit alone... *sigh*